Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Retaking my life

Karakes
Karakes
United States
2004/06/22, 06:53 PM
Hi, I'm a 24 year old guy. I have been out of the military since December. Since I've been out, my weight has gotten atrocious. I'd say I am up 20 lbs since I got out. I'd like to get back down to the weight where I felt the best both physically and psychologically. So I need to lose about 45 lbs to get down to 190. BTW I'm 6'0, so if that helps. Anyways, I've started my diet, and started back exercising. I'm currently doing sit-ups and push-ups at home(about 100 a day), as well as some long distance running(about 5 miles 3x a week.) I've also changed my diet. I've gone back to what worked for me in the military. In the morning I wake up, and drink a whey protein shake. I take 2 hydroxycut and go to class. After class(about noon) I come home, have a decent lunch, and take 2 more hydroxycut and have another whey protein shake. At night, I have my last shake and dose of hydroxycut. While this diet hasn't been going on for more than a week, I feel great. I've also cut out all other liquids from my diet except for water. I'm drinking about 120 oz's a day. I'm not showing any significant weight loss yet, but again I feel fantastic. My energy has increased, and I feel more concious. Anways, any ideas you can relate(I know I should be doing weight training, but I'm poor and can't afford to go a gym :P) would be greatly appreciated. Do you think I could be hurting myself with my calorie induction either being too big or too small? Thanks in advance.
Joseph
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/06/22, 11:42 PM
I'm not a fan of liquid diets. They are supplements to help you, not take the place of whole foods. try doing pushups with an incline( feet on bed) or hands on bed( declined). Run some stairs......got to a football filed and do hitt sprints.......sprint 20secs.....jogg 20secs.....sprint 20 sec. Find some where to do some pul ups or somthing. I'm not postive cause I have never been in the military so I dunno what all you have to do. I"d say eat more wholesome foods.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/06/23, 09:36 AM
no doubt i will be retaking my exams in about a year...

--------------
A freetrainer is a happy trainer!

A.D.F.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/06/23, 11:28 AM
huh pritchard?

--------------

Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/06/23, 11:35 AM
karakes wants to retake his life, and since i feel i have failed dismally at my big exams, i will be retaking them. i really should stop being confusing, sorry...

--------------
A freetrainer is a happy trainer!

A.D.F.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/06/23, 11:45 AM
also karakes get some excercising bands, and maybe and excercise ball.....you can do alot of cool things onit, and with the bands.

--------------