Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

ABS: Can feel them, but not see them

ABmagic
ABmagic
United States
2004/05/24, 09:11 PM
I am 17 yrs old weigh probably about 130 pounds and I am 5'11.5''.

I have really been focusing on my abs for about the past two to three years. I know I have hard abs because I can feel them. I have been doing cardio and am down to probably about 5% body fat.

I shown my mom the "extra fat" I want to lose around my belly for my abs to show, but she says that's just skin.

Is it possible that I have either thick skin or extra skin around my midsection?

My mom doesn't want me to lose any more fat because my hip bones stick out in the back.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/24, 09:41 PM
don't have to post more than once in different forums, it will get answered or replied too.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

DanielJLove
DanielJLove
United States
2004/05/25, 02:37 PM
AbMagic,

I am not sure if you are male or female to begin with, but I am a little concerned. It would seem to me that at almost 6 foot that 130 lbs is a little light. For a women 5'11" the height weight tables say somewhere around 135-176 and for men 144-183. Now it is true that I don't put a lot of faith in these tables, but if you are at 5% bodyfat I would say that you should certainly not lose any more fat. In fact, if you have been dieting by calorie reduction, and performing ab exercises only, I would imagine you may have put your body into a starvation mode. This would in turn encourage the body to store subq fat and not build muscle (muscle burns calories and is not needed when the body thinks it is starving). It is possible that you may have some body dysmorphia, and I would encourage you to speak to your physician about your healthy wieght. IF you mother is telling you that you are to skinny, she may be telling the truth. Eat healthy and sufficiently and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Feel free to IM me if you need someone to talk to.

Daniel Love