Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

sets of 8 or 10

IVIike4
IVIike4
United States
2004/05/07, 05:18 PM
I work out 3 days on and 1 or 2 days off. i usually do chest and legs, shoulders and back, and bi's and tri's. i usually do a warm up set which is light and then 3 sets of 8 increasing the weight each time. i have been able to advance in weight in everything except my chest. i have not been able to add weight to my bench since i started working out in decemeber and i have tried many diffrent work outs. im also trying to get big and strong. i was told that sets of 8 will get u big but sets of 10 will make u a lil more cut and stronger. whats the best workout for me? thanks mike
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/07, 07:37 PM
Well 1st off i would have to ask....why you do chest and legs.......back and shoulders.....and arms legs and chest are too very large muscles, and the legs require alot of blood. Why not do tris on chest.......or biceps with legs or somthing.
chest/ back
shoulders/ bicps
legs/ triceps.....thats what i have been doing

as for your reps.......10, 8, 6s are concitered medium reps
over 10 is "body building" 6 or less is " power and strength"...........although if you use higher reps faster, that helps with fast twitch muscle fibers for contracting hard and fast( used for power) thing is is to expierement and see what works best for you. You can't work out to be cut and stronger at the same time, unless you have great genetics.......either you have to mass up...then cut fat away later, or be happy with your strength and "body build"

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn