Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Easier push-ups

fuureboy
fuureboy
United States
2004/04/24, 02:55 PM
Hmm...I seem to have lost my other topic? Anyway I was wondering since I can not do push-ups at all, is there a way you can do them differently(easier) and still get the same excercise out of it? Or a good way to start doing them easy and then falling into regular push-ups. Thanks:)
oscarg
oscarg
United States
2004/04/24, 03:23 PM
Here's one I found: (This is for real begginers)
Place your knees on the ground, with toes pointing down.

1 Arms should be straight at the elbows, close to the body, shoulder width apart, hands on the ground directly below the shoulders.

2 Start in this upward position.

3 Your body should be similar to a ramp: everything from your head down to your knees should be in a straight line with no bowing of the back at all.

4 Using your arms, slowly lower yourself to the floor while continuing to keep your body in a straight line.

5 When you are completely lowered, the body should be in a straight line on the floor, head down with only your elbows pointing up.

6 Using your chest muscles and triceps, slowly push yourself up.

7 Knees are still on the ground, toes pointing down.

8 Your body from your head to your knees should stay in that straight line all the way up.
I would suggest you do this 1-3 weeks 4 sets 3x a week

Then you can start doing Regular Puush-Ups, Then move to Advance Pushups (Elevating Feet), and Military Style (Hands positioned in triangle shape) and even more advance...fingers, knuckles etc.
Good Luck
fuureboy
fuureboy
United States
2004/04/26, 03:51 PM
So are you basically saying do pushups but on your knees and hands closer towards your knees?
Thelastsamurai
Thelastsamurai
United Kingdom
2004/04/27, 11:44 AM
try to do as many as possible every hour you are awake!

This will give you high daily reps and you will soon be able to perform normal pressups!