Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

My lifestyle Application

neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/23, 03:35 AM
Over the last 2 1/2 years since my stroke/car crash/brain injury etc.... yawn, yawn, yawn.... My lifestyle changes were out of necessity and a chore, so How I think had to change- till today when I'm over enthusiastic about life.
I'd just like to say exercise and playing with my food values and learning(and with this sites help)... It's been fun and educational. So for the disillusioned who feel it's all impossible- I just wanted to say it's taken me the last 2 1/2 years to get where I am today and still my 'lifestyle plan' is under development and always will be- As will yours too! So be positive about what you are doing and reward yourself for those changes. Don't waste time dwelling on your cheats,I can't statements and plateau's. Get motivated by you for you.
In 2 1/2 years I've gone from bacon, eggs, chocolate, alcohol, sweets, smoking 80+ a day to no caffeine some weeks, daily food/exercise diary, tee total, no sweets, raw cauliflower/brocolli, bran crispbread, muesli etc... etc...
What I'm saying is a lifestyle doesn't/can't change overnight and be right. It's applied and takes time to build over years. Realising patience is the key for me, along with regulary studying it, embracing it as a hobby and enjoying 'lifestyle' rather than making it a chore.
PrairieGirl
PrairieGirl
Canada
2004/04/27, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the post. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't expect instant gratification when it comes to weight loss and general fitness. I guess that's why those who are successful are often the ones who set lots of short term goals and celebrate the little things.

Good for you!