Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

gatormade lil help....

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/12, 09:17 PM
I'm trying for abotu 2 months to gain some good size and strength( while i have a break from cheerleading) then over the summer i'm gonna try and get rid of a lil fat.........I'm trying to get my maxes on squat and deadlift up a lil so all my reps go into the 400s( right now in the mid 300 to upper 300s)..( since I can't max I use reps as my aguge of strength)......and i'm trying to do box deadlifts( on top of box with weight on floor to speed up the lift off) exploding leg preses etc. and i'm also trying one legged squats( with foot one a bench) However, when I do my left foot its fine( even though its my weaker one)... I'm fine, but when i do them with my right leg with left foot on bench, i'm all over the place, I have no balance, no cordnation lol.....I sprained my ancle a long time ago really bad, I don't wear a brace( I a hate them)but I was in a splint kinda thing. I was wondering is there somthing I can do to help my right leg?....I figured my left leg be the one like this?

thanx in advance....:dumbbell:

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/04/14, 07:46 AM
Order a set of light bands off of www.jumpstretch.com and then follow the ankle workout they send with it. Try lunges or step-ups. Take a physioball, put it against a wall with your low back against it, lean into, and then do 1-legged squats. Try performing 1-leg tuck and split jumps. Get rid of the leg press. Train your hamstrings more. Train using exercises that will train your balance. You can pile a ton of weight on the leg press and train it until you have 2000 lbs on there but if you don't train your deadlifts and squats properly then you will not be able to peform a lot of weight with those exercises. The lge press trains your legs. How many people's legs are weaker than their trunk? When you fail in a squat or deadlift it is usually the trunk that fails and not the legs. If you're shaking all over the place then you need to train your trunk too. Also, try 1-legged static quarter squat holds for 15-30 second bursts. Try 3 sets for each leg.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/14, 11:00 AM
I do leg presses after my squats and deads......those I have fine balance in to me anyways......just the one legged squats on that one leg lol. But i'll get rid of the legpress.....have to honestly say I been skiping on the hamstrings a lil....only doing goodmorings, and stifflegged deads.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn