Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Full body workouts everyday?

mont2002
mont2002
Thailand
2004/03/30, 01:40 PM
Since the age of 11, when I began martial arts, I’ve always worked out on a daily basis. I began using weights about 12 years ago. At that time I didn’t have a great deal of access to information on training methods (I was in France) so I trained with weights the same as I trained for fighting: full body work outs, as heavy as possible, as hard as possible and 6, sometimes 7, days a week. I became huge and strong and never felt tired or over trained.

For the past six months or so I’ve been trying the One Body Part Once per week method. I’ve just incorporated deadlifts and squats into the programme. No matter how heavy or intense I train I don’t get the results I did with my past and more vigorous training method. I feel nothing and have made losses in size and strength.

I am now 44 years old but look 30 and for better or worse still feel 20 in my head. The reason I decided to try one body part once per week was in fear of eventually wearing down my joints if I continued everyday workouts. I’m getting no results with this.

Maybe a full body workout every other day?(I'm not into bodybuilding. My goals are focused on strength). At the moment I live in Thailand so there aren't a lot of knowlegable people here to advise me.Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/30, 01:56 PM
try something else. i do lower body one day, upper body the next, lower then upper (monday through thursday) then rest for 3 days. i find it works well because i too fall into that area with one body part a day where i just don't feel it making a difference (at least for the better). i feel i get plenty of rest with this and still make awesome gains with it. its just my opinion becuase it has worked well for me.

--------------
Get your weight up, kid