Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need some advise

starbell
starbell
Canada
2004/02/21, 07:45 AM
Since starting my new job, wereby I'm getting a lot more cardo in, and physical lifting, I have lost about 10lbs. I know I'm not getting enough total calories in, yet have a hard time getting extra meals in during the day. Any suggestions on what I could be doing to up my calorie intake. I do have a good breakfast each morning, hot cereal, fruit, juice, lunch the same, healthy sandwiches, meat, veggies, fruit, cheese, Dinner, chicken, rice, veggies and so on. It is the inbetween times.
jcannuck
jcannuck
Canada
2004/02/21, 07:55 AM
MRP's! Meal replacements, either in the form of bars or shakes. Throw them in your bag beofre you head out to work in the morning. Foe the shakes, either mix them at home and re-shake before dinking, or if you access to water, just make them as you need them. Read the ingredients, and go through the trial and error process for taste to find which ones are best for you.
agamble
agamble
United States
2004/02/21, 11:11 AM
A good solution. Also prep some foods to munch on. Tuna, chicken, veggies, fruits, etc. I always have to prep and pack mine the night before. It is troublesome but worth it.
smak67
smak67
United States
2004/02/22, 12:05 AM
I have a hard time keeping on wieght, plus I too am very active at work.
I drink a Protein powder called N-Large 2 and it has lots of cal and carbs. It has helped me keep the wieght on.

Good luck.

--------------
Sean...
strive for excellence
starbell
starbell
Canada
2004/02/22, 03:46 PM
thanks guys for the suggestions of what to take and do for the extra carbs cals. Will put the suggestions to good use. The other thing I did was purchased a large amount of food for work. Because I have access to a fridge that no one else will be using. I manage a thoroughbred farm so can take the extra break to eat more. Quicky drinks and shakes will work as will not always have time to prepare something. Again thanks.