Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

REALLY BAD NEWS, Please Help!

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/02/12, 10:56 AM
I know I posted in another area, but I thought if I put it on the mens site I might get more reponses, so here goes. Hey guys. When my husband was 15(he is now 19) he had a very bad back injury. He wasn't supposed to be able to walk again, but miraculously* he has been walking for the past 4 years. Last night he told me that for about a month now, about once a week he loses feeling in both his legs, and that when that happens, he occasionally loses control of his bowels. I know that he needs to be in physical therapy, and seeing a chiropracter on a regular basis, but we don't have medical insurance.
So, home treatment is what we are going to try. I know that it will help if he loses weight(he's 6'2", 270lbs) and that strengthening his back muscles and stomach muscles will help his back become stronger and support the injured area. Does anyone know of anything else we can be doing until he is able to see a doctor?? I am really scared, but want to be proactive and do everything we can until we are able to afford the chiropracter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/02/12, 11:31 AM
Go to a good samaritan(sp?) clinic asap.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/02/12, 11:47 AM
I just looked up the good samaritan hospitals, and there are none where we live. Thanks for trying. Anyone have any other ideas??