Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2004/01/28, 07:54 AM
Howdy, I was just wondering what everyone thought were the best exercises to burn fat and calories? By Weightlifting or running. For Months and Weeks i have run stadiums,run many sprints, done lots of mass building type weightlifting, I have been eating almost a perfect healthy diet, I take mega whey protein mix, and GNC total lean, I have been following a workout for my abdominals, and i have see a good decrease in the amount of fat i used to have but it hasn't been enough to show good definition. Also I have been doing alot of arm exercises, because i thought it would help my bench press out because i thought that was what was holding me back from heavier weights. I had a rotator cuff injury in my left shoulder from football season and ever since then my right side my body which involves bench pressing has been much stronger that my left, and the weight I have normally been using to bench has gone way down in like 2 weeks i dont know why? With my diet though sometimes the GNC total lean doesn't make me feel hungry so i will skip meals. PLEASE HELP

THAAAAANNNNKKK YOOOUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/01/28, 10:12 AM

============
Quoting from GOWAR:

...i have see a good decrease in the amount of fat i used to have but it hasn't been enough to show good definition. ...
=============

You are making progress nonetheless, stay the course with consistent training, and a good healthy diet. If you are eating properly, the supplements are money wasted, IMO. It concerns me that because of your supplements you are skipping meals - it should be the other way around.

There may be aspects of your program which might be tweaked, but I'd need more specific info about your routine to know in what areas. It is important to coordinate your running training properly with strength training and recovery as so they don't conflict with each other.

As for the strength difference between right and left sides - replace as many upper body bar exercises with their dumbell equivalents as possible.

One last thing - stay focused on strength training rather than muscle building - there is a BIG difference.