Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Has any ever used 12 week ab development

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/12/08, 08:01 PM
hey hows it going? I was just wondering if any one has ever used the free trainers 12 week abdominal workout and actually seen the results from it. I'm 6'3, 220 lbs. and 17 i have a fat gut but have a great sprint and ok jogging endurance, I weight lift alot, and drink atleast 4 liters of water per day, i take a protein shake and eat lots of protein, lately it has been hard to keep my diet healthy but i just went to the grocery store and got healthy food for lunches, most important fat point since my school only sells fat foods, also i usually do alot of ab exercises and can do many of them. How long do you think it would take to develop abdominals that a well defined and clean cut to see the "6 pack", what am i missing in my training. My overall goal is not to get a six pack but it would be great if i could, im just training to be the best athlete i can be and possibly play football in college. I want to lose as much bad fat as possible also to step up my speed. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

Sorry if i went off topic.
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/12/08, 08:02 PM
also i seem to eat alot of carbohydrates, and I like desserts.
2003/12/09, 10:33 AM
Gower, I haven't done the 12 week ab program here cause it's not available on FT pro. I have however done the 8 week program 3 times. My round middle flattened and defined some the first 2 times. I plateaued both in weight and size . About 2 months ago my wife and I decided to get very serious with this. We bought a book called "Sugar Busters" which rates foods by the amount of sugar they contain [its amazing the sugar amounts in many vegetables. The suger amount would also be known as the glycemic index for BB1 and Jdelts.

We have eaten only veges which fall into the lower end of this index for the last 2 months. These turn out to be beans, legumes, brown rice, most salad stuff sweet patooties......like that. We also ate more lean pork, tuna, fish,shrimp and for us the magic was turkey.

We are beef people but who can afford top o' the line beef every night. The biggest change we have made was swapping beef for turkey which is much lower in fat. Ground turkey makes excellent spagetti, tacos, chili and just about any other ground beef dish if you spice it right.

Over the last 2 months we have moved off the plateau and started seeing results ab wise. I have hit my abs as hard as anyone but the visible results didn't start appearing until we changed the diet. It's really all about fat and sugar.

--------------
Living well is the best revenge.

Charlie