Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Weekly Weight Increase.

ChanceDog
ChanceDog
United States
2003/12/05, 12:48 AM
Ok guys,

Already posted this elsewhere on the site but differant people go to differant areas, Which could mean a wider responce so here I goes again.

I will soon be going into week five and I have a question for you slightly more experienced then I. Now I know it’s a case of what’s good for one isn’t always good for another but what’s a respectable, and good increase on a weight per exercise, per week. For example: - One week I curl 25 pounds, what should the weight be increased to the following week? Is 30 o.k. or is there a kind of rule of thumb to go by to get reasonable gains on all exercises?

--------------
All the best

Warmly

ChanceDog.
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/12/05, 11:41 AM
I don't have a set increase from week to week....say your rep range is 8 -12...and you do 25 for three sets of twelve...increase the weight until you have to struggle for 8 reps..then work with that weight till you get twelve...if you go in thinkin im doin 25 now ill do 30 you may be missing out on your potential...you maybe doin 25s but you may be able to do 35's...just try...if you get 7 reps that's fine...then you know youve gone to heavy...it's better to pic a weight thats to heavy and get a workout then it is to pic a weight that you can do...cause the whole point to liftin is what you cant do...thats where you grow, the struggle. Hopefully some of this helps.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick