Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

IS ONCE A WEEK MUSCLE GROUP ENOUGH?

littledude
littledude
United States
2003/07/08, 02:05 AM
Hi- I am wondering about whether doing the workout that this website recommends is good enough? Are there any people out there that it works for? (or doesn't) I have heard that I am waiting too many days before I get to that muscle group again... I am doing the workout off of this website which says I should work out
Mon-legs, Tues- chest, triceps, Wed- biceps..... etc....
What do you do? What works for you?
thanks
ld
2003/07/08, 07:26 AM
I've found the workouts here to be solid. You don't have a profile, so I can only guess at what your goals are, but I'd say you can trust FT to give you a good plan. Even if you're only specifically working each muscle group once a week, you'll work those muscles again the same week as secondary muscles to other exercises. Example: Many chest exercises also work the triceps, and many back exercises work the biceps, not specifically but as secondary muscles. So really you'll be consistently working your muscle groups without "too much" time between. I'm a big supporter of "less is more" routines that work you intensely for a short period and require lots of rest, but everyone has their own preferences.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/08, 04:44 PM
I agree with mzakal on the 'less is more' theory. I used to feel like I was wasting a day if I took a break during the week, but since absorbing some of the info available here I have put it to practice and am doing better. I work out with my husband and we have been doing:
M-back/bi
T-abs/shoulders/I do hips, he does wrists/forearms
W-off (get a good rest before leg day)
T-legs/calves
F-abs/chest/tri
S-off
S-off
We do cardio 3x (but not on leg day) and we are adding another day of abs next week.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/10/01, 02:33 PM
once a week with a little higher volume is good for some parts of the year. I like cycling my schedule every 2-3 months. I also like a 2 per week schedule too. Variety is GOOD!