Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Fatburners - Are they Safe?

btaz
btaz
United States
2003/06/23, 01:34 PM
Hello,
I've been reading about fatburners on this web site and more and they only talk about the good things that it can possibly do. I had a roommate that tried it for a while, but he said it made him feel kind of wierd, like being on a caffine buzz all day. Are these safe to use and after continued use what is the bodies reaction when stopping? I've never taken any supplementary powders/pills besides vitamins and have always felt unsure about using anything. I'm a very active person, I usually exersice 2 times a day, but would like better results. Any suggestions?
thanks
Ashunboy
Ashunboy
United States
2003/06/23, 11:18 PM
I wont suggest taking it....man why u need fatburners? You exercise 2 times a day anyways, you probably get that fat off before the fatburners do. And besides those pills might have side affects...huh? huh? yea never thougth of that.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/06/24, 07:12 AM
Right, anyway I am a huge fan of the ECA stack and have nothing but good things come of it. It is a very individual thing in terms of how you are going to feel while taking them. Your roommate may have been caffeine sensative. Just remember that fat burners need to be used with caution just like any other supplements ot medication. Make sure you read all of the warnings and follow what they recommend. These types of supplements are safe unless you abuse or misuse them. Good luck.
plfitness
plfitness
United States
2003/06/24, 11:12 PM
I would like to point out something about fat burners I find that many do not talk about. The problem with fat burners is that they are a poor substitute for a good diet. Please allow me to explain, fat burners do not actually increase the amount of fat burned they increase the amount of total calories burned. The problem with this is that it can lead to overdieting which is not only detrimental to fat loss but also tends to catabolize precious muscle tissue. The problem I see is that people tend to focus too much on how fast they can lose weight & neglect how to properly do so to optimize body composition. Remember the human body can only lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week without seriously sacrificing muscle so take it slow & only lose the type of weight desirable. Besides most people do not realize how much 1 lb of fat actually is! Try talking a butcher into weighing a lb of fat at the store sometime , you never know he might be curious enough to do it & you'll both be completely shocked at what you'll see! The only substance that has shown promise as far as forcing the body to use more actual fat for energy is an uncupling protein that is found naturally in the body & so far no one has found a way to manipulate or manufacture it.

--------------
\\"Knowledge & persistence is all one needs to succeed\"\
---Patrick L.