Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

workout with your women

sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/25, 04:47 PM

Work out with your woman
By Pete Sisco

It's a fact that most women are intimidated by the weightlifting area of the gym. They see a bunch of guys in there sweating, grunting and lifting heavy weights. So of course, many of the ladies view weight training as a "guy thing" for people who want big, masculine muscles. By contrast, and for the most part, women go to the gym to lose fat and "tone" their muscles for that tight, firm look.And if that wasn't bad enough, to make matters worse, popular women's magazine totally mislead readers into thinking they can have the body of Brooke Burke by doing arm curls with one-pound dumbbells or pressing on their desktop with their fingertips. Please! The truth is you can do your woman (and yourself) a huge favor by taking her to the gym and showing her the benefits of a high intensity weightlifting workout. And please remember that "intensity" is a relative term. While you might hoist 300 pounds on the bench press, a "beginner" woman might get equal muscle growth stimulation from lifting considerably less.magic bullet

But here is the real magic bullet that women are missing by staying on the aerobic mats instead of pumping iron: Body transformation through new muscle growth.

So now that you've easily convinced your woman to head to the gym with you to pump some iron, you can help her transform her figure and give her a lean, hard body. Not to mention the luxury of eating more without gaining weight.The following workout is designed to target key areas that many women want to improve. I've stayed away from really heavy, intimidating exercises in favor of easier ones that will build confidence and feel good. This workout is intense enough to deliver results for beginners yet gentle enough to keep her coming back.If you follow it to the letter, your woman will enjoy it and want more. If you insist on that "20 sets per body part" macho crap, it'll be the last time she sees the gym, and maybe you.

be gentle the first time

Arms

Women enjoy having good definition in their upper arms; they hate that flabby, flaccid look. Women also wear clothing that exposes their arms much more frequently than men. Preacher curls: Have her perform one set of 8 to 12 partial reps in the strongest range of motion only. Act as a spotter to prevent the barbell or machine from moving into the weak range of motion. Use a weight that she can only lift 8 to 12 times. If she can do more than that, the weight is too light. Don't be gallant and give her a puny weight... you'll be wasting her time. After her set, load up the bar and do a single set for yourself with a weight you can only hoist 8 times.Tricep pressdowns: Use the high pulley and perform one set of 8 to 12 partial reps in the strongest range of motion only. Pull the bar down for her so she only has to move the weight a quarter rep in her strongest range. Again, after her set is done, do a single set with a weight you can only hoist 8 times.

Upper back

Again, women can get away with wearing clothing that exposes their backs and, in my opinion, the upper back is one of the most beautiful and overlooked parts of a woman's body. Lat pulldowns: While you're at the high pulley, sit down and adjust the seat so the lat pulldown bar rests at her upper reach. Using a wide grip, pull the bar down one quarter of the way and watch as she completes 8 to 12 reps. Then do a set for yourself.
Chest

Improving the muscle tone in the area of the chest behind the breasts is a great way to improve the look of the bust. It is essentially a "lift" without resorting to using a scalpel. Bench press: Do one set of quarter range reps in the strongest range of motion. Use a weight she can only press 8 to 12 times. After her set, load up the bar ... 8 times.
Legs

Strong legs make a woman look great in a pair of jeans. Working the legs has an added benefit of stimulating the entire central nervous system, which triggers all muscle growth. So this is one exercise where you never want to go too easy on yourself. Or your girlfriend.Leg press: Sit in a leg press machine and slide the sled to its upper limit and engage the safety stops. Adjust the seat so that her legs are about 4 inches from lockout. Load the sled with enough weight to limit reps to 8 to 12. Do not remove the safety stops.Calves: Leave the leg press set up as it is and perform a set of toe presses. Place the balls of her feet on the bottom of the sled with heels not touching the sled. Make her press her toes forward to move the sled a couple of inches. Most people can perform this exercise with the same weight they leg pressed. When she's finished, do your leg press and toe press set. you're done!

This beginner's workout is simple and invigorating. Best of all, it will introduce your significant other to the enormous benefits of strength training. It simultaneously works to build lean, firm muscles and remove excess fat. Truly "magic"!

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/05/27, 01:32 PM
Love this post sandysford...since my husband started taking the time to work out with me, I'm lifting a lot heavier and trying things I was afraid of before. Plus the added benefit of spending an hour together that we didn't use to have, since he works nights and I work days!

--------------
~Victoria~
...Some things have to be believed to be seen!
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/27, 01:58 PM
Ron and I work out together everyday, I wouldn't have it any other way.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!