Triceps Cable Pushdowns
- This movement is performed with a cable push down machine. You may have to attach a
small straight or angled bar to it. Also, be sure to select a weight by moving the
pin in the hole of the weight desired in the weight stack.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and slightly bent to relieve stress from
your lower back.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip, as well keep your thumbs over the bar rather
than over top. Keep your elbows close to your sides. Don't lean forward, keep
straight posture. Press the bar down until your arm is fully extended. Contract your
- Slowly lower the weight back down to a position greater than 90 degrees, repeat the
- Keep a straight posture when doing this exercise. Avoid rounding your back or
leaning over the bar.
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles