Standing Barbell Curl
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and slightly bent to relieve stress from
your lower back.
- Grasp the barbell with an underhand grip, as well keep your thumbs under the bar
rather than over top. Begin with the bar hanging straight down. Now, keeping your
elbows in at your sides and stationary, curl the barbell straight up.
- Hold for 2 seconds, contracting the bicep muscles.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Do not use your back to swing the weight. Use a weight that's light enough for you
to execute the exercise with perfect form.
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles