Standing Barbell 21s
- This movement is performed with a barbell in a standing position
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart with your knees slightly bent to support
your lower back.
- Begin with the barbell hanging straight down in front of you on your thighs. You
must keep your elbows in at your sides during the exercise. This exercise consists
for 3 sets of repetitions. First, start curling up the barbell, once you reach the half
way point pause. Now lower the barbell back down to a fully extended position.
Perform this for 7 reps.
- Without pausing, curl the same weight all the way to the top, then lower the weight
to the half way point and back up again. Perform this for 7 reps.
- Finally, perform 7 reps of full barbell curls from the bottom to the top.
- The exercise consists of partial and full range motions. This allows you to target
all areas of your biceps. Remember to remain straight and not to swing the weight
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles