Single Arm Overhead Extensions With Cans
- This movement is performed in a seated or standing position.
- If standing, stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent to relieve
stress from lower back. If sitting, keep your back straight and don't hunch over.
Place one hand on your waist for balance and grab a can with your other hand.
- Begin with your elbow pointing straight up and bent at a 90 degree angle. Raise the
can straight up, keeping your elbow stationary. Pause and contract your
- Slowly lower the can back to the starting position or until you feel a slight
stretch. Pause and repeat the movement.
- Repeat for both arms.
- The movement must be performed very slowly to gain the intended benefits and avoid
injury. Be sure to keep your elbow still and to contract at the top.
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles
Search on FreeTrainers.com