Seated Overhead Barbell Extensions
- This exercise is performed seated with a short back support. Sitting backwards on a
preacher bench, as shown in the pictures, provides excellent support.
- Hold the barbell straight up above your head. Using an EZ-curl bar as shown in the
pictures will make the exercise easier on your wrists.
- Keeping your elbows by your ears and pointing straight in front, lower the dumbbell
until your arms make a 90 degree angle. Keep your elbows as stationary as
- Slowly raise to the starting position, contracting the triceps muscles.
- Focus on keeping your elbows pointed forward when you lower the weight. This will
isolate the tricep muscles.
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles