Seated Lateral Raises
- May be performed in a standing or sitting positions. Be sure that if you are seated
your back is straight; if standing your knees are slightly bent to protect your
- In a seated position; grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Keep the dumbbells at hanging
straight down at your sides.
- Simultaneously, raise the dumbbells directly to your sides. Be sure to turn your
palm facing down, and have your elbows slightly bent. Your hand, elbow and shoulder
form a parallel line.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and then release to the starting position.
- Be sure NOT TO turn your thumbs down at the top of the movement. This is an
un-natural position for your shoulders to be in and leads to injury in the rotator