One Arm Side Cable Laterals
- This movement is only possible with a cable which is attached at the ground level.
If there is no access to this piece of equipment, please use a dumbbell.
- In a standing position, knees slightly bent; grasp the handle to the cable with your
hand which is opposite to the handle's origin. Place the other hand on the the
machine for balance or on your hip.
- Carefully, with your elbow locked at a slight angle, lift in an arc with your arm
straight to your side. Once your hand, elbow and shoulder are in line, pause for a
- Next, lower the weight back to the starting position.
- This is an excellent movement for isolating the side deltoids. Once again, DO NOT
swing the weight up It is important to note that since you are using a cable, there
is constant tension on the muscle.. so perform the exercise slowly.