Machine Standing Calf Raises
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart in the standing calf raise machine. Adjust the
shoulder pads so that they rest on your shoulders when you're standing up straight.
Keep your back straight, knees slightly bent and shoulders back.
- Push the weight up by forcing your heels up through the balls of your feet.
- Hold for 2 seconds, contracting the calves.
- Slowly lower the weight until you feel a stretch in the calves, then repeat.
- To target inner and outer calves, point your toes inwards and outwards
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles