Machine Incline Presses
- This movement is performed on a slightly inclined machine bench, roughly 30 degrees.
Lay down on the bench, placing your feet flat on the ground.
- Be sure to keep your back flat against the bench. Grasp the bar or handles on the
machine with a wide grip, palms facing forward and your elbows straight down.
- Press the bar or machine up in the groove provided.
- Hold and contract for 1-2 seconds. Then lower back to the starting position.
- The advantage of using a machine to free weights in this exercise is that you are
able to isolate the chest muscles at specific angles in a strict manner.