Machine Flat Bench Presses
- This movement is performed on a flat chest press machine. When you are in position,
place your feet flat on the ground for balance and to avoid injury to lower
- Grasp the handles or bar with a wider-than-shoulder-width grip.
- Press the handles or machine or bar directly forward or in the path the machine
- Hold and contract for 1-2 seconds. Then release back to the starting position.
- Using a machine versus free weights allows you to concentrate more on the pectoral
muscles rather than the secondary muscles.