- This movement is performed with seated leg curl machine. There will be many
variations at your gym to choose from.
- Have a seat in the machine, lock your ankles behind the pads. You may have to adjust
the pads so that they are placed right at the top arch of your foot. Adjust the
- Extend both legs until they are straight, contracting the thighs.
- Hold for 2 seconds, then return to the original starting position.
- Try not to lift your buttocks from the bench when performing the exercise. If you
cannot hold yourself down, then use a lighter weight and focus on the quadriceps
contraction at the top of the movement.
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles