Front Dumbbell Raises
- May be performed in a standing or sitting positions. Be sure that if you are seated
your back is straight; if standing your knees are slightly bent to relieve lower
back stress. This movement may be performed using a bar, just follow the same steps
with the bar in mind if needed.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Palms facing in, raise one arm directly in front of
yourself in an arc direction.
- Stop once your hand has reached your shoulder level.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds at the top of the movement, then lower back down. Repeat
movement with other arm.
- This is an excellent movement for isolating the front deltoid muscle. Once again, DO
NOT swing the weight up. Try to keep your elbow the same height as your shoulder and
Search on FreeTrainers.com