- This movement is performed in a standing position, which may also be performed in a
- Stand with your knees slightly bent. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand, be sure to get a
firm grip with palms facing in. You may use wrist straps to relieve your forearm
strain if you use a heavy weight.
- Now, with your arms straight by your sides, [shrug] raise your shoulders as high as
you can keeping your arms close to your sides.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds contracting your trapezius, then release back down.
- This is an excellent movement for training your trapezius. The key in this exercise
is to use your traps and not anything else. Be sure to keep your back posture
absolutely straight, your arms straight, and not to use your body to jerk the weight