Decline Dumbbell Presses
- This movement is performed on a slightly declined bench, roughly 30 degrees. Lay
down on the bench, placing your legs under the supports near the end of the bench.
Bring the weights up to your knees, then lay back slowly with the weights in your
hands. Or simply get someone to pass the weights to you once you are lying
- Be sure to keep your back flat against the bench. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with
an overhand grip. Bring each dumbbell to shoulder height, keeping your palms facing
forward and your elbows straight down.
- Simultaneously press the dumbbells up overhead, bringing them together at the top of
- Hold for 2 seconds, then lower back slowly to the starting position.
- Use light weights and concentrate on performing with the correct form.