Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine
- This movement is performed with a Leg Press Machine. It is a variation to the
regular standing calf machine. You will find many variations of this at you gym or
health club, most leg press machines are appropriate.
- Position yourself in a leg press machine. You may add weight to the machine as
desired. Place your feet at the bottom of the pad for the leg presses. Your toes
should be on the platform facing forward close together.
- Place your hands at your sides. Now, keeping your head forward or up bend your knees
slightly. Lower your heels allowing the platform to lower slightly. Feel the stretch
in your calves. Pause, then come up on your toes as high as possible, contracting
the calf muscles. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Slowly lower your heels back down to the starting position and repeat the
- To target inner and outer calves, point your toes inwards and outwards
| Primary muscles
| Secondary muscles