Barbell Flat Bench Presses
- This movement is performed on a flat bench. When you are in position, place your
feet flat on the ground for balance and to avoid injury to your lower back.
- Grasp the bar with a wider-than-shoulder-width grip. The grip should be so when you
lower the weight to your chest, your forearms should point straight up.
- Raise the bar directly above your chest. Next, slowly lower the bar to your lower
- Hold for 1 second and then raise bar back up to the top. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Be sure NOT to bounce the weight off your chest, control the weight.