• United States United States
  • Male
  • 62 years old
  • United States United States
  • Male
  • 62 years old

Introduction

Hi, I'm 56 and started walking, running a little in Dec. and now walk/run about 4 miles 2-3 times per week. Have gym @ work that I've used about 5 times this year. Did at home workout this morning. Looking to get healthier and put on a little mass & tone body. I'm 5'10" 164 lbs. What are best exercises to start with? Also read some in form about needing more carbs that protein for adding weight, is this correct? If so please make suggestions. I'm not fat with just very minor belly fat & have been slim all my life. I live in south louisiana & love gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etc. Really would be hard to give up these, so asking what other foods or supplements should I look at. Thanks

Goals and motivation

My goal this year is to get healthier by exercising & changing eating habits to be able to enjoy life. Want to start fitnees program that I'll enjoy & stick with. Really enjoy walking/running which I plan to keep doing. Just need to include more weight/ab training. My motivation would be mostly my gradkids so I can keep up with them. Also I'm recently divoriced so being in better shape with a better body can't hurt. Thanks for this site which was referred by coach in wellness program from work.

Fit wall

- No messages yet -