• Australia Australia
  • Female
  • 39 years old
  • Australia Australia
  • Female
  • 39 years old

Introduction

Hi, i'm Bettina, i'm 31 years old and a mum to four gorgeous kids, i live in Brisbane, Queensland and like most of us here i'm pretty laid back and i love to laugh!!

Goals and motivation

I have noticed over the last couple of years my weight is slowly starting to creep up the scale, i gather it's just cause i'm getting older but i figured it was better to do something about it sooner rather than later, plus i want to keep fit and healthy so my goal is to lose about 5 kilos plus i need to be as fit as i can to keep up with my kids!!

Fit wall

• James47 James47 2012/03/27
    I wrote this because of my experience. I lost so many hopes but I didn't give up... and now I am happy. With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity." " You don't have to create your own wheel. You simply have to paint it your own color." " In life, never look back nor forward, just concentrate on the present; concentrate to exploit your present to the fullest, as your present will shape your future."
  • James47 James47 2012/03/18
    " As hard as the situation may seem, difficult as you may realize, never stop believing in yourself for you were born to succeed."
  • James47 James47 2012/03/12
    My advice comes from having self-respect and then a love for other Living a god plan agenda . Have allow me to change myself and to aid other to fine themselves for a great good. You make say i'm passing a blessing J
  • James47 James47 2012/03/08
    “There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.”
  • CRNP CRNP 2012/03/05
    Glad you are feeling better. Running is addictive and can be very hard on the body. I'm happy you have found a solution and are working your way back :-)
  • James47 James47 2012/03/03
    " Life without a mission has no purpose. Life without a purpose is worthless. Find your mission, live your purpose and add value to life."
  • [Former member] 2012/02/28
    Re counting calories we have a really thick paperback book that has everything in the world. In the USA it's required that labels give thorough nutritional info.
    http://www.positivehealthsteps.com/calories/daily-required.shtml-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Teensy this sight is pretty good. You may want to post questions in the forum. I am happy to help either place but there are probably people wondering the same thing. The sight has a first rate search engine but since the sight overhaul, I don't think it's up yet. The old sight was loaded with charts and tables and nutritional guide. Look at that link and see if it tells you what you want to know. Are you going to have to back off the running or do you think CRNPs shoe idea will help? I developed plantar facetious from the treadmill and I started walking barefoot, bought an enormous arch support for outside. My heel is well and my feet are tough as nails. It's cool.
    Teensy, don't underestimate the calorie burn in the much lesser impact exercise of walking. http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist3.htm A fast walk , the one where you swing your elbows, walk fast and look really silly when you are doing it can burn as many if not more calories than a run. World class speed walkers can do a 7 minute mile. A 9 minute mile is fast. Worth a look and it may save your knees if the shoes don't help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racewalking We walk a 4 to 6 minute mile. I also walk a much slower mile on a treadmill at a 15 degree incline. In an hour at 210 lbs my calorie burn is 750.
  • CRNP CRNP 2012/02/27
    Trust me, I know how it feels to want to run. During my pregnancy I tore the album in my hip and now can't run. Have had to take up biking, which is great...but not the same. Hang in there!
  • CRNP CRNP 2012/02/27
    If you believe it is your shoes, I wouldn't wear knee braces to correct. You could do more damage. Are you an experienced runner? Have you had problems with your knees before? And is it both? Running on softer ground- like trails can reduce the impact, but again-if it is your shoes- running in them on any surface can cause injury. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear. Until you are able to replace your shoes, try power walking or biking. Both of these have much less impact to your knees :-)
  • James47 James47 2012/02/27
    Thanks so much yes anytime we are one
    Good Glad to hear it. I'm here to help keep it up we can do this together one day at a time James
    motivation!! we can do this together james