• United States United States
  • Male
  • United States United States
  • Male

Introduction

I am 60 years old male and I am finally starting my fitness journey. I enjoy motorcycle touring and spending time traveling with my wife.

Goals and motivation

I can't say that it was any one thing that motivated me to get fit, just figured out it was time. I realize that it is a journey that I will always be on, not a destination. I am not one to chase numbers but if I do need to lose some weight. At one point I got up to 215 lbs but I am now down to 198 lbs. I have lost the weight by applying two things that Jack LaLanne said. The first thing I remembered him saying is that "if you can't place it in its natural state in your hand, don't place it in your mouth". The second thing I remember him saying is "if it doesn't fit in the palm of your hand. it's to big to be placing in your mouth". Amazing how he figured that out long before the "experts" figured it out. Any way, not that I am on my way to my target weight range I figured that I also needed to listen to his advice to exercise daily. I have spent a lot of time and effort trying to sort through all the information, and misinformation, out there about exercise and fitness. What a joy to finally find this website. A well balanced, common sense and information filled approach to fitness. Thanks Adrian and the other co-founders.

Fit wall

- No messages yet -