Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Wow

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/07/21, 02:39 PM
So I hit a quick lifting session today before class, and I couldn't help but notice someone doing deadlifts, and as I watched him, I thought

"Wait a sec... is he...yep, he's doing them on a Bosu ball, and the Bosu ball is turned upside down. Welp...hope he doesn't die- not while I'm here at least. At least he's using the rubber olympic plates, that way if he falls, the weights (while crushing his body) won't make too much noise or damage the floor."

He was doing 185 on these "functional" deads, nearly falling backwards several times. He definitely was not using his legs at all and has some of the worst form I've ever seen, completely bent at the waist just to reach the bar on the ground from on top of the ball.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2007/07/21, 09:58 PM
he should have at least had the bar elevated on something to keep his form.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/07/22, 02:59 PM
lol....is amazing the crap peopel will do on a ball. There's a "trainer" at my gym...that uses those things all the time. Makes a boxer lady stand on one and punch a bag...just waiting for the day she falls off.

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/07/22, 10:03 PM
hehehehe..and go figure he will probably master that and become the best powerlifter ever in history or something..

sometimes i wonder if ppl doing really odd things are just insane or really ingenious and we havent caught on yet...:surprised:

--------------
There is no such thing as a *set point*. Im only set on getting past this point :)