Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

MONDAY CHECKIN :)

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/09, 04:41 PM
THAT IS EXCELLENT, davinacar! It will be a challenge quitting and working on changing your diet, but it wonderful that you are on the road to good health!! You are doing the right thing in knowing how very important it is to make those diet changes also, as many people that quit smoking want to eat eat eat instead! Don't be terribly hard on yourself, but take those small steps to make those changes. Try crunchy things that you can carry with you, I've heard that helps and remember to try to eat 4-6 smaller meals a day, that should help a lot, also.

Good luck to you and keep going at it, I mean if you have gone this long, why puff now, right!!!?!!

Good luck to you and with your goals!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/14, 09:45 AM
It is monday and I am still SICK! My virus seemed to have crept deeper and I lost most of my voice over the weekend (I'm sure my family didn't mind that part of it!). I usually bounce out of sickness pretty quickly, but this one dragged me further into it as the days progressed! So I am waiting patiently to be able to get back to the gym, trying to not get overly frustrated. In the meantime to keep my mind focused on good health, the newspaper came and took my picture for a 3 mile walk I am going to participate in to raise funds for mental illness and I am planning hiking days for the upcoming spring with my husband - who is also (with our son) going to walk with me!! He said he doesn't even like to walk the dogs, but he has finally realized the importance of good health watching me lately and seems ready to finally do something himself! I am thrilled, I even have him eating wheat bread and drinking skim milk!!! That in itself is miraculous!

I guess that is progress even though I am miserably ill, I know that I will be over it SOMETIME and in the meantime am watching my diet and anxious to get moving again!! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/22, 03:40 PM
It is sad that no one has come here since March 8th, but I will keep trying to keep our Monday group going unless I find myself keeping a dairy instead of interaction with others.

I got very sick with this upper respitory virus and spent three days hardly moving except to cough and use the bathroom, but today I am feeling it shaking off of me as I am coughing less and my here and there fever seems to finally have given up. I have been eating real good and have stayed commited to my goals other than the exercising which the doc said to hold off on - NOT give up on!! I nearly threw something at my husband when he asked when the last time I exercised was as I was laying with three boxes of used kleenex surrounding me! I truly miss it and can't wait to get back there, but in the meantime I am not going to give up as I said before, I am going to eat well and know that someday this will be over!

Good luck to you all this week and hope to hear from more of you on these manic monday's!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/29, 12:19 PM
Alas, another Monday has come and gone!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/03/30, 07:55 AM
Sorry been busy! Hope you are feeling better!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/04/05, 02:26 PM
Thanks, Mutt, I am feeling much better, though I worked in the yard yesterday and it was difficult to breathe, tired easily, but I am plugging away! :)

Yesterday's Monday I was out of town, sorry I missed anyone reading and hope you have your goals set for the week!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/04/11, 04:54 PM
Monday again! Good luck with your goals and STOP getting in your own way! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/04/12, 08:01 AM
WEll I am working funky hours this week and next not sure if or when I am getting a workout in.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

jsashford
jsashford
United States
2005/04/12, 04:23 PM
Hi I'd like to join your monday check in group. I am a 40 year old mom of six. Yes six! My goal is to loose 40 lbs. by the end of the year.I am working out at the gym 3to 4 times a week as time allows (but no less!) I am using a SMART goal approach. This includes setting Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic and Time oriented goals. I like so many find a little encouragement goes a long way. I hope this helps someone.

--------------
One of life\'s mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make a woman gain five pounds.

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/04/14, 11:45 AM
Hello, jashford and welcome to FT! You sound like you are setting some reasonable, attainable goals for yourself! And, SIX kids?! That ought to keep you busy! It is good that you are determined to keep your goals at the gym to a productive amount of days!

Great to have you, jump in and post anytime!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
jsashford
jsashford
United States
2005/04/16, 03:53 PM
Hi again I just wanted to share that the scales tell me that I've lost 10 yes ten lbs this month. Yeah!!! I have acheived this just working out 3-4 times a week and watching the amount of food I put in my mouth! I know that things seem to go faster in the begining so I am not going to get too excited yet. That leaves me with another 30 lbs. to go!Thanks for letting me join your little group! :)

--------------
One of life\'s mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make a woman gain five pounds.

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/04/26, 07:47 AM
Well I thought I would start this up again. I am back on track in terms of diet, went off a little for the last few weeks. Also I am taking advantage of the facts that I have 1 hour lunches, there is nice roads to walk on, and a shower here at work so I am walking for 20 mins at least 3 times a week.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/05/03, 05:19 PM
Awesome, jsashford! Hang in there for the big finale of reaching your goals!

Good to see you, as always, Mutt!

I just returned from Orlando and Sarasota, need a vacation from my vacation now, lol!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
thosecrazysims
thosecrazysims
United States
2005/05/03, 06:32 PM
197. I MISSED MY GOAL BY ONE POUND :(. BUT THATS OK I WAS PRETTY CLOSE SO THATS WHAT COUNTS.

--------------
There is only one way... to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.
Dale Carnegie 1888-1955, American Author, Trainer

\\"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.\\"
Jim Rohn
leslieherr
leslieherr
United States
2005/05/03, 08:02 PM
Great job loricsims. Keep it up and stay motivated, the effort you put in is all worth it when you reach your goal weight.

Leslie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/05/08, 07:19 AM
Good work all around! Heres to geting to our goals this summer and beyond!:big_smile:

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

indy_hxc_girl
indy_hxc_girl
United States
2005/05/09, 10:56 PM
185 last Monday, down to 178.5 this evening. I'm amazed- was trying to get down to 180, and I surprised myself.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/05/30, 09:40 AM
Hey guys and gals! It has been a while since anyone posted here. Thought I would give it a go. I was planning on taking a week off retooling my diet plan and generally resting. Last week I got a double whammy, vertigo and a sinus infection. So I had to take a week off. Which ended up being good. So there we are how are the rest of you all doing?

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

joannak000
joannak000
Canada
2007/02/26, 06:17 PM
hello everyone!! I am new to this, but i have been reading all of the posts and everyone seems nice. I am startign this new plan that i developed...I have lost weight before and gained it back and than some when some tterrible trauma entered my life. I have been telling myself to start going to the gym again and I do i just have somet trouble with the diet...any 1200 cal diet ideas?? for a daily routine.. i am not afraid to gain weight now bcuz I already have.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/03/05, 02:35 PM
1200 calories is not enough!! If you don't get enough calories, your body will go on "survival" mode and start storing fat, which is probably why you gained the weight back in the 1st place.

Read all the stickys you can here and that'll get you started in the right direction!!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/04/11, 02:20 PM
It's not Monday, but thought I would see how everyone has been doing? Stickin' with it? The world is yours....

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/04/18, 05:33 PM
If anyone is up to it, we can meet here each week, Monday or not, to share our week --and remember all is good.

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/04/18, 05:33 PM
If anyone is up to it, we can meet here each week, Monday or not, to share our week --and remember all is good.

--------------
Veda

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages