Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

MONDAY CHECKIN :)

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/01/17, 11:57 AM
Well, MOnday is here again, and I have some good news to report. Last week was a very good week for me exersize wise. I worked out on the eliptical trainer 3 times for 30 minutes each, and did my pilates dvd 2 times. I weighed myself last night at my mom's house on the scale that I have been using for the past 6 months, and it says I am down 4lbs. I am figureing water weight, but after a good week of work outs, it's just enough motivation to make me even more excited for this week
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/17, 12:16 PM
Great, CristalBelle, that is a pleasant way to start the week!!

I am back to the gym this evening, I am really enjoying it and hate to miss it!

Hope you all have a great week!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/01/17, 02:47 PM
I have used the dance mat almost everyday. It is actually kind of fun. It makes me sweat...a lot.

Food, let's see, I have done pretty good. No candy bars or fast food except for subway. (Veggie and Cheese).

My goals are to keep it up and not weigh myself until my pants are looser.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/17, 03:37 PM
Dancin' Dancin', wish I had that little dancing baby emotion here!! Hurrah, DaniDIEt! I am with you - NO SCALES UNTIL THE PANTS FALL OFF!!!! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2005/01/17, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone...

I'm back!! Sorry I've been gone. Well I think these previous 2 weeks for me has been great. I didn't have ANY fast food, (only chinese once) (and one scoop of Ice Cream last week) THATS IT!! Well to me that's good. I've been eating very 'good' food, just too much of it.
Also 2 weeks ago we went to the gym 2 times, but we went to Mammoth Mountain for 3 days and hiked and snowboarded (not to mention flopping around in all the powder) LoL This last week we've been to the gym 5 times (1.5 hours of weights) and 1 day of yoga and 30 mins of elliptical every day!!!
So overall I've been slowly getting better, but no scale or clothes change... (might take longer than 2 weeks) LoL, but I am looking forward to This New Week, weights today (chest and abs) and yoga!!!! Yay!!

--------------
My mind tells me to win, my spirit shows me how, and my body delivers.

Cari
PureSnowChic@aol.com
Southern California
phimugirl1
phimugirl1
United States
2005/01/23, 06:26 PM
Posting a day early because I probably won't have time to in the morning. I've had an awesome week!!!! I've just completed my first week of eating clean and drinking water. I'm down 7.79 lbs since last Sunday!!!!! WOOHOOOO! Just 22 lbs left to lose.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/23, 09:25 PM
I'm with you, phimugirl1, I have to post a day early as I will be in meetings most of tomorrow. Great job on your awesome week, a weight loss of almost 8 pounds in a week? That wouldn't happen to me if I was on a raft with no food, lol!

I am at a blahh point, the exercise is going great, but really need to work on my eating habits more. I just need to kick it into gear more as I'm not seeing much after 4 weeks or more in the gym, but I'm not going to get too down, I know the routine! :) I would like to see something happen, so while I wait, I chopped a few inches off my hair and colored it auburn - the auburn has got to go, but the cut is ok. I cannot stand that my work is overpowering every aspect of my life it seems, they even call me on time off so it feels as if there is nothing but work in my life and that is not making me - or those around me - happy. Oh well, we'll see what another day brings....

Have a great week all and stick to those goals, WE CAN DO IT!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2005/01/24, 10:09 AM
Wow, Phimugirl1...that's impressive.

I'm down a pound, as mentioned in another post. Had a good weekend. Did do the cheat meal on Saturday night: pizza and Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Man, was it good. I have to watch the coffee addiction, I'm beginning to think the government food pyramid doesn't include enough caffeine.:laugh:
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/01/24, 12:33 PM
My week went fairly well. I only made 2 days on the eliptical, but did something closer to HIIT than I have before, and if felt great. Eating...well, it's still hit and miss, but over the weekend we were at my in laws, and I ate string cheese, and yogurt, and veggies, and lean meats, and all the good stuff I am supposed to have! So in that respect I considered it pretty well spent.
phimugirl1
phimugirl1
United States
2005/01/25, 07:43 PM
Thanks WA!! I was quite surprised, but very pleased with the weigh in!! I've never lost that much weight in a week ever. It's definitely keeping me on plan!!

VedaKathryn, it wouldn't have happened for me either had I not drastically changed my meals, portions, and water intake. You're going to reach your goals as well. I'm glad to hear that exercise is going well. Are you liking your new gym then? The food will fall into place. Baby steps if that will be easier to get you going. I'm here for you! I know my posts are fewer than they were in the summer when I first joined the site, but that's because I get summers off. A poor excuse for not making more time to get here, but it'll have to do for now.

Thanks for your support! Thank you also WAnglais1!
goneskingagain
goneskingagain
United States
2005/01/26, 05:53 PM
I just started to read this message board. All you girls sound great to talk to. Are you all doing a special routine? I am trying to loose weight and get life back. Three years ago this March my husband and I lost our daughter. I lost a lot of weight due to depression and then gained a lot of weight due to depression. I need to loose weight and get life back. I am going to be 30 in April and want a new start. All of your messages sound fun and uplifting. If you have any ideas or anything I already send thank you's
Reagan in Arizona :)

--------------
A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit
Goneskingagain
phimugirl1
phimugirl1
United States
2005/01/30, 08:09 PM
End of week 2 and I'm another 3 pounds lighter!!!! WOOHOO, 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I've also lost a little over 8 inches!!!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/31, 10:26 AM
I am so terribly sorry to hear of your loss, I realize from your post it has been three years but I am sure not a day goes by without you feeling her in your heart and with you throughout the day...I am glad you found your way here and I hope that you keep coming to FT, there are such wonderful people here, I think you will enjoy it! You may want to start your new journey out by making small changes, a change today and another tomorrow. Exercise is a wonderful stress reliever, so try adding some walking, go somewhere where you feel relaxed and comfortable. You may want to join a gym where there are others that may enjoy your company! You can also, here on FT, get a free exercise and nutritional program! Just fill out your profile and see what they have to offer!

Good to have you here!

============
Quoting from goneskingagain:

I just started to read this message board. All you girls sound great to talk to. Are you all doing a special routine? I am trying to loose weight and get life back. Three years ago this March my husband and I lost our daughter. I lost a lot of weight due to depression and then gained a lot of weight due to depression. I need to loose weight and get life back. I am going to be 30 in April and want a new start. All of your messages sound fun and uplifting. If you have any ideas or anything I already send thank you's
Reagan in Arizona :)

=============

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/01/31, 11:20 AM
Well monday is here again. I cheated last night again, I had a tough day our 2 yr old really tried my niceness lol. I got so angry cause he threw our oldest chihuahua down and I thought he had killed her he does not know he thinks it is playing. But this week I go back to the diet. I met a former coworker that I have not seen in 10 months and he asked if I had lost weight I guess I look different.

--------------
If you can itch your nose after arm day...do another set!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/01/31, 11:30 AM
Well, as stated in another post (uh oh), last week was not the best, in that I didn't get in as many workouts as I wanted to. However, we went and visited our daughter on Sunday, and I played with her for the entire 4 hours we were there. Up to her bedroom, down to the playroom, back and forth, back and forth. It's tuff work keeping up with a 3 year old, but I think all that runnin around was good for me.

Also, weighed myself Saturday night, and I lost 2.5 lbs!!!!! Thats a total of 6.5lbs in 3 weeks. I am VERY happy about that, and it just gives me more motivation to keep working. Tomorrow morning that eliptical trainer isn't going to know what hit it!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/01/31, 11:35 AM
Good job!

--------------

WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2005/01/31, 02:31 PM
I made all my workouts and did well on the diet stuff last week. Not to singel anyone out, but mutt has been a really good guy as far as encouragement goes. I'm doing all I can, and it looks like the play I'm trying to get ready for is about nine months away. Thank God.

--------------
Actual size
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/31, 02:57 PM
I fell...not off the rocker, not off the health wagon, I just plain FELL! We had a icy rain and I went to walk out the dogs, among one was my new baby Chihuahua, and stepped out onto my brick deck which was just wet and then when my foot hit the steps, down I went onto rough brick, painfully, pure clear ice! I had to hold my arms out so I wouldn't fall and kill my puppies with my fat@## (chuckle) so I took the brunt of the fall full force! Yes, my husband laughed, after the blood was wiped away! Anyway, no working out for me today, as a matter of fact I put my foot down and am going home at 2:00 to rest. I am doing some gentle stretches to alleviate the muscles from totally locking up, but they are fighting me anyway. I must of bruised ribs and scarfed up my arm, ankle, leg, knee and I think I crushed a knuckle or two, definately a bloody mess!

Anyway, any pointers on if I can go back to working out tomorrow even though still sore, would be appreciated. I don't want to hurt anything else worse (hurts to cough and move!), but I don't want to miss another workout come tomorrow. Would just walking the treadmill be better, or go ahead for my weight lifting for the legs?

Thanks!

Looks like you are all hanging in there!! Great job, CristalBelle & phimugirl1 on the loss! YOU ROCK!:dumbbell:

I agree, WAnglais1, he is one of a kind! :) Good to see you are meeting your goals!!

Good to hear those compliments, eh, Mutt, gives you that boost of cheer!! Always so great to have you here!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
phimugirl1
phimugirl1
United States
2005/01/31, 07:43 PM
Ouch Veda! I hope you heal quickly. I'm so sorry that you had to endure such a terrible fall. The weather has been plain crappy. I'll welcome spring with open arms. Even if it means tornado watches and warnings.

Great job CristalBelle, Mutt, and WAnglais1!!! Keep up the great work.

Thanks Veda! You'll be back to working out in no time. Rest for now!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/01/31, 08:14 PM
Hey Veda we have 4 chihuahuas! at one point we had 7. I love those guys! Wanglais I know what it is like to be starting out and feeling lost and if it is all worth it. I wish to god that I had a site like this 10 years ago I might have had better luck. Anyway ya'll hang in there.

--------------

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/02, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Reagan, I am going to attempt the gym today, but I think I will stick to the treadmill and see how that goes first before I attempt lifting as I still have a good amount of ouch going on! :) Appreciate everyone's concern! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/07, 07:50 AM
Hello Monday. I ate pretty good with the exception of last night at a steak house. I have been hiking in a local park the past 2 days to mix up my exercise routine. (I am trying not to get bored) I don't feel any thinner so I am too afraid to weigh myself so I won't.
My goals are to continue exercising and keep a close watch on my diet, which is by far the hardest for me.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/02/07, 12:05 PM
Last week was very good. I did a lot of "alternative" exersizing, such as, walking around the mall, hauling tree limbs up a hills, jumping up and down constantly while watching the PUPPY BOWL, and I feel good. Eating went fairly well too. We have finally gotten a few extra dollars, and now have a good supply of eggs, milk and bread, and will be buying more good food when we get paid this Friday. Last Friday we did celebrate getting paid, and had pizza, but my husband and I were both sensible about it, and took the leftovers to his parents house for the Super Bowl.

Today I am going to start adding in weight lifting to my weekly routine, and my husband is going to start coming with me on my lifting days. He quit smoking recently, and wants to start getting healthy, and get back to his wrestling weight of 245lbs. That means a 30lb weight loss. I know that we can do it together, and I am excited to have a workout buddy.

Hope everyone's week went well, and here's looking forward to another good one!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/07, 04:15 PM
I did well, I ate good, I exercised and signed up for a walk to raise funds for people dealing with diseases of the brain (bi-polar, manic, etc.), I am happy to use my increasing energy to help with raising money for these programs and hope to do many more, that is my goal for the year, to walk and walk and walk for benefitting others. I asked my hubby if we could hike alot this spring/summer so I could do my photography more and he laughed at first and then saw I was serious!

I finding many positives that I didn't even realize I would encounter along the way of this journey of trying to get fit again and know there are many more out there.

I hope you all find the same! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
StrugglinAddict
StrugglinAddict
United States
2005/02/07, 06:36 PM
My weekend wasn't bad at all...Saturday was uneventful...and I resisted the urge to binge eat. Any day that I do that is a personal victory for me (right now).

Sunday I went and saw the Spruce Goose...that was pretty impressive. The size of this thing is amazing. We ate out twice but both times I made better choices than I would have before I came here. On the way back we stopped at the Olive Garden (I had never been before). I had some grilled chicken/broccli dish. Not bad at all I must say.

Another advancement in my request to loose weight is that my Mom and I discussed going to a weight watchers type of place...I'll be honest when I say that I have no idea how these places work. Right now I am just looking for a place that will help me regulate and add some much needed structure to my diet. So any advice or comments on or about these places would be very helpful! :)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/09, 01:18 PM
You sound like you are making some positive changes! :) Good for you! For me it isn't the eating out that kills me but the amount and the choices, so I have had to revamp that extensively when we do go out, but I feel so much better for it! Good luck to you!

============
Quoting from StrugglinAddict:

My weekend wasn't bad at all...Saturday was uneventful...and I resisted the urge to binge eat. Any day that I do that is a personal victory for me (right now).

Sunday I went and saw the Spruce Goose...that was pretty impressive. The size of this thing is amazing. We ate out twice but both times I made better choices than I would have before I came here. On the way back we stopped at the Olive Garden (I had never been before). I had some grilled chicken/broccli dish. Not bad at all I must say.

Another advancement in my request to loose weight is that my Mom and I discussed going to a weight watchers type of place...I'll be honest when I say that I have no idea how these places work. Right now I am just looking for a place that will help me regulate and add some much needed structure to my diet. So any advice or comments on or about these places would be very helpful! :)
=============

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/14, 09:23 AM
Hello all! I have made a goal for the month of February to count my calories again. I have a tendency to think I am eating less than I am, so I think it best to recheck things out. I have lost 2 pounds, so that is encouraging, and hope that things will start to dwindle soon, now that I can definately tell I am carrying more muscle, things are starting to define and that helps with motivation :)

Good luck to you all this week with your goals!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/14, 11:10 PM
I was doing all right then PMS hit and I went on an eating rampage. Now I am dealing with the guilt and hate for myself. So...Tuesday is a new day and hopefully I will have control again.
carolt0604
carolt0604
United States
2005/02/15, 12:31 PM
PMS My kryptonite. I am a mess around then too!!

============
Quoting from DaniDIEt:

I was doing all right then PMS hit and I went on an eating rampage. Now I am dealing with the guilt and hate for myself. So...Tuesday is a new day and hopefully I will have control again.
=============
supgeek01
supgeek01
United States
2005/02/17, 11:53 AM
Hey out there. I am a fitness baby. Yes that's right I have no clue how to get healthy and stay healthy. I have been exploring this site for about an hour and I think I have found hope finally. My doctor just tells me, "I think you shoul lose weight." No offer of help as to the best way. I come from a country family that still uses bacon fat for cooking, that's right no light oils for them. I am trying to break the cycle though and I need help and lots of it. My exercise profile says 35-40 minutes of cardio 3x week. I have no access to a treadmill or gym at this time -- help what can I do?
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/17, 12:09 PM
I believe in starting slow and working my way up and you may feel best doing it that way. Start by walking, you can walk at a warm up pace, then increase your pace, then now and then throughout your walk, increase your pace to a fast walk for 30-60 seconds and then back to your walking pace. End with a cool down slower pace again. As you walk more and more you can increase those 30-60 seconds. Where there is a will there is a way! I would add some weight lifting, even using cans of corn to start, use a broom to do some arm and waist exercises, etc., FT has a lot to offer when it comes to free exercise and nutritional programs! Good luck to you and keep coming back to FT!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2005/02/18, 04:38 PM
Well, I have been flat on my back for a week with the flu. This really wiped me out. I thought I was better one night and went to the gym. I still had a fever, but didn't know it. So, I am heading back tomorrow since I finally feel human again.

--------------
I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/21, 11:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear you got that nasty flu bug! It is good to know you are feeling better! You can sure find out quick if your still sick when you get working out at the gym, it like nails you big time!

I decided, like in prior posts, that I am planning more rather than flying by the seat of my pants on this weight loss journey. I have started something a bit new, giving myself weekly challenges and as you can see in the weekly challenge post, have encouraged others to join in. I think by focusing on some of the bad things I still do from time to time I can better make them obsolete in my diet. I realize that I am not ready for "treats" yet as I will still find myself carried away, so treats will have to come as a non-food item and someday I may be allowed a bite now and then, but not for a long time, not until it is out of my system as a type of food addiction.

Gym today, focusing on HIIT and weights.

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/21, 02:16 PM
I have been reading alot of posts and have decided to try HIIT instead of slow and steady. I am also trying to understand how to eat right but I find it mucho confusing. So, my goals this week are: HIIT and graduating from "diet retard" to "diet semi retard".
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/02/22, 11:33 AM
Last week was not so good for me. Somehow some way, I pulled what felt like my hamstring, and wasn't able to do more than some simple arm exersizes. It was really painful, but faded out on Sunday, so this week I'll be back to workin out.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/22, 12:44 PM
DaniDIEt, you just need to use that great list that Amy sent through on the nutritional forum and that will help a lot. I found it wasn't just what is on the list but PORTION control as I will still find myself forgetting to bring food to work one day and by the time I get home I am sooooo famished and want to eat what is on the list times 100! I think skipping meals is one of the most detrimental issues in weight control! Good luck and together we will all be more knowledgeable day by day!!

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, CristalBelle, just get back on that horse and make it count, you can do it! :) Injuries SO suck when you are trying so hard to be deligent in your workouts, it feels like something is always against you, but we have to remember that it is going to happen and how we bounce back is what matters most! GOOD LUCK!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
jm3115
jm3115
United States
2005/02/24, 06:45 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new and have been reading a lot of postings. Getting back into the workout, eating right routine. One question I keep coming across is "what is HIIT?" Can someone explain this to me? Thanks! Look forward to future threads! :)
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/02/24, 12:28 PM
HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. I'm not sure if this is completely accurate, but what I do(because it's what I can understand) is 2 minutes fast cardio, 2 minutes slow, until my 20 minutes are up.
jm3115
jm3115
United States
2005/02/24, 06:43 PM
Thanks! I'll have to try it. Does anyone know of/experienced any added benefit?? I usually get on the 'mil and do my 20-30 min increasing in intensity throughout... then spend a 5 minutes cooldown.

============
Quoting from CristalBelle:

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. I'm not sure if this is completely accurate, but what I do(because it's what I can understand) is 2 minutes fast cardio, 2 minutes slow, until my 20 minutes are up.
=============
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/25, 09:26 AM
If you go to the General Exercise and Weight Training Forum here at FT you will see two thumbtacked threads that are very informative along with doing a search on the subject of HIIT on the FitBuddy search at the bottom of each page you will become very informed.

You use HIIT in walking, treadmills, elipticals, etc. and you can start out by just increasing your movements by 10 seconds of speeding up for the duration and then take it back down to your normal speed as many times you have to work your way up to a good chunk of time at the higher speed if you haven't exercised much.

It is like this...if you used it when walking, you would do a few minutes of a slow walk to warm your muscles, then you would increase until you are within your heart rate range (everyone is different), then you would take an allocated amount of time and speed it up, pushing yourself harder throughout this time, then you would bring it back down to "normal" again and so on and so forth.

The benefits are many, one being you will lose less muscle than with regular cardio where you can compromise losing muscle by losing weight.

Good luck to you and your goals, become informative and implement! :) There are great posts on HIIT and others, just dig in and read what FT has to say! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/28, 07:54 AM
I tried HIIT, and HIIT hurts. I am so out of shape that I can run for about a minute before my lungs feel like they are on fire. Then I hunch while I slow walk until I feel like I am not going to die. My eating was pretty good. NO BINGES this week. I could have exercised more, so that is my goal for this week. Oh, and continuing HIIT, which hurts.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/28, 09:32 AM
Hey, DaniDIEt, you don't have to push it that far, that it hurts so terribly, and you can do it for 20 seconds if that is what brings your heart rate up and then take it back down and you don't have to run, you can just walk faster. Are you keeping track of your heart rate? Check your heart rate prior to beginning, do a warm up walk, then check it when you are walking "normal"...then you just intensify your actions enough to get your heart rate into a higher range for an allocated amount of seconds, then go back to the normal speed, check your heart rate, and so on. It is too easy to give up if you push yourself too hard, too, so be kind to yourself, you are DOING IT, which is GREAT! Another good indicator is if you can talk okay during your normal phase, and then when you push it, it will be a bit more difficult, but your not wheezing or struggling for air. When you restrict oxygen to your lungs you restrict it throughout your body and your muscles lack that good oxygenated blood, your body freaks out and you are going to burn muscle rather than fat. Often times if you get those side pains it is from lack of oxygen, so please, keep at it, but remember to not over do it. Here is a site that helps with figuring your heart rate:
http://www.weightloss-health-beauty.com/exercisehr.html
write the information down and check yourself while you are exercising to make sure you are getting the full benefits!

Good luck, DaniDIEt, you did great this week, baby steps and you will be running in no time, I know you will!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/28, 09:37 AM
Well, I got blasted four days with one of the nastiest migraines I ever had, then in the middle of the night last night got the flashing lights and all and got nailed again. I don't know what I am doing that is contributing to these clustered migraines, but I'm not going to let it get me down. It is so very difficult to workout with these nasty things, so I took it a bit easier which was ok as I think my body was needing a resting stage as I have been going at it pretty intense, so rather than let it get to me, I just viewed it as a time to let muscles rest, although I did weights twice for an hour, and did some Yoga (I just started that!!) and light cardio, I am anxious to hit the weights again tomorrow full force! Have been eating excellent, though portion control is still something I have to FORCE myself to watch continually!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/02/28, 11:04 AM
Vedakathryn is my hero. Thanks for keeping my spirits up.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/01, 10:13 AM
Electrawoman here! *wink* (for those that this is lost on, this is my given FT name when we did challenges).

It is just good to see you here, DaniDIEt, that is showing your continued committment, keep coming, keep posting, and keep getting healthy! :dumbbell:

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/03/07, 08:01 AM
Thanks, I have trouble seeing it as "continued commitment", considering I have dealt with eating disorders since I was 12. Anyway, I did NOT binge this week, which wasn't that hard as we have no money for food so...One good thing is I have stopped craving fast food! It seems strange to me, but yet comfortable. I am however, craving Subway alot. But I always choose healthy there. (I have worked there before, and the meat just doesn't appeal to me). Exercise could have been better, but at least it was a part of my week. Goals: exercise, no binge eating.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/03/07, 01:59 PM
Hello DaniDIEt and everyone! Monday here and I am feeling so YYYUUUCCCKKKK and tired of it!! I got that CRUD, sinus- throat-headache-fever-ruin-my-day CRUD! So I will focus on eating good (my stomach is ok) and doing some YOGA tonight and by gosh tomorrow this body better be ready for the gym as I am SICK OF BEING SICK!!!!! Everyone at my work had this thing and one guy has had it twice! I had hoped it passed me by but alas, no chance! That is okay as my mind is clear and I am not going to let it get me down like I would have before and thrown in the towel, instead I am going to be patient and keep eating good and think happy!

Hey, DaniDIEt, great job on the slack in the food cravings! I know that it is much easier to deal with this weight loss journey when those start to subside and when they very nearly go away it is like cause for a celebration! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
davinacar
davinacar
United States
2005/03/07, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone! I'm giving this a try, because all of your messages are so positive, and you all seem so commited to making changes. I just quit smoking (41 hours and counting), and began the home exercise program today! I'm going to be carting my daughter to her track practices and meets for the next 6 weeks or so, which is why I'm doing the home workout, but once that is over I'm going to go back to the gym. I'm trying to follow the nutrition guidelines on this site, but with a lot less calories than what they call for...is that because it is geared toward bodybuilding instead of weight loss?

Anyway, I'll keep reading and posting - thanks for the support. It's good to know I'm not alone!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/03/08, 07:39 AM
Wow, quitting smoking for 41 hours! And counting! And you still sound pretty nice in your post! I would be much crabbier than that.
davinacar
davinacar
United States
2005/03/08, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the "attaboy", DaniDIEt! Actually I had a pretty nasty moment earlier tonight, but I'm over it now. I'm at 69 1/2 hours now...after 72 I start counting in days! As for the diet thing, it's hard to stay on track because I'm craving a couple of different things. But I'm not going to beat myself up...just take it slow, focus on becoming healthier both in what I eat and what I do (exercise), and hopefully it will evolve from there! Hope to have some successes to post about soon!
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last