Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

MONDAY CHECKIN :)

1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/11/22, 02:53 PM
Boy, another Manic Monday! We spent all of yesterday in Nashville trying to get my husband on Nashville Star, he prequalified with his lovely voice and now we have to see if he qualified for the next stage I guess.

Anyway, starved myself from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and nearly passed out as we stood in line for three stinkin' hours (THIS I would only do for the man I love!) and another three waiting for the auditions. When I did eat I couldn't even finish everything I was so tired and stressed - AND my 18 yo called and told me my rabbit died just before I ate so that about blew my appetite completely as soggy club sandwiches taste terrible soggy with tears!!

I hope this week goes better as far as stress. I am just so drop dead tired and need to focus on me if everyone and everything would give me a darn break once in a blue moon! WHEW!! I am doing very well, though, for eating, just need to work out more as I think that would help the stress levels also.

Well, good luck to the rest of you! WE CAN DO IT!!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2004/11/22, 03:07 PM
My weekend wasn't that stressed. Only the trauma of trying to re-screen my back door. It's really old and the parts aren't made anymore, so it was fun to make four trips to Home Despot.

Sorry about your rabbit, Veda.

WOrkouts and diet are going well. The real test will be Thursday.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/11/22, 03:29 PM
I am committed this week to getting back on track, and I am starting my wife on some routines as well this week.

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/11/22, 04:09 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!! I have started a new program, and will be gradually increasing how many days I work out each week. This week, and next week I will go 2x, and then for 3 weeks after that 3x and so on. My weekend went well until Saturday night. I ate quite a heavy meal, and then went to bed only about 45 min later. Woke up a few hours after with the most horrible nausea, and had burps that made me think my stomach was rotting(the burps alone made me gag!) Had to force myself to vomit, and afterwards was able to sleep. Sunday was a very light day for food.

Veda~ Good luck to your husband! I look forward to seeing him on tv soon! And, I am soo sorry about your rabbit, at least he's in rabbit heaven right?

Mutt~ Good luck to you too on staying motivated, and congratulations for deciding to push past the depression. I'm proud of ya!!

Thats all for me. Sorry it was so long. Talk to ya'll soon!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/11/22, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the bunny sympathies everyone, and it is good to see everyone doing so great this week! Sounds like we got it going!! :dumbbell::dumbbell:

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/11/22, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone, I had a good weekend, not too much food on Saturday as I worked all day long, but on Sunday I had a "bad food day". I ate way to much as we had a family get together in the evening and everyone had tons of food. Today will be much better- back on track...

12:00p~ 1/2 cup Oatmeal, 6oz Tuna, Antioxidant tea- no sugar. Total 335 kcal.

3:00p~ Turkey Breast Sandwich. Total 295 kcal.

6:00p~ Chicken and rice. Total 350 kcal

Dinner~ don't know yet... =)

Hope evveryone is doing well with their eating habits...

--------------
My mind tells me to win, my spirit shows me how, and my body delivers.
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/11/22, 05:37 PM
This week has been going pretty good for me. I've been getting lots of complements at the gym, and it really makes me feel good. I bought one of them underarmor muscle shirts, and I really like the way I look in it. It makes you look all cut up and stuff. but yeah as far as eating wise, I've been doing good. I'm afraid that I will cheat on Thanksgiving though. I think that's what I'm going to do. Have a cheat meal. Not a cheat day! just a cheat meal.

DX
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/11/23, 02:18 PM
That is what I do, DX, I have a cheat meal or else it would be hard for me to stop!! :) I have found by cooking all day on Thanksgiving that I do not have much energy left for eating, thankfully!

Hope your yesterday went well, puresnowchic! Stay strong!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/11/23, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone!! I find it hard to have just a cheat "meal" LoL, I always have a cheat day... =) I just try to make sure my calories aren't TOO much over my limit...
Yesterday went well, I ate chicken, an English muffin, and milk for dinner so the whole day I had about 1400 calories... That is good, it's about where I want to be for right now considering I'm not lifting... =)
I can't WAIT to get my gym membership!!!! Hopefully I won't eat too much "bad" food on thanksgiving!!! If it's all turkey and potatoes I'll be happy!!!
Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day!!! Bye for now...

--------------
My mind tells me to win, my spirit shows me how, and my body delivers.
cuteygurl
cuteygurl
United States
2004/11/23, 06:51 PM
Well, I weighed myself today. According tot he scale, I have lost about a pound. I am still walking 3x a week and I have noticed that I am breathing better since I began. It is also getting easier to walk. I'm less sore and outta breath. Unfortunatley, I have slipped up a little on the eating but I am doing better than I used to. I feel thinner already...lol. Now if I can just watch what I eat Thursday... Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

Kristen
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/11/29, 10:09 AM
Well last week I managed 2 workouts. I did catch a little cold, Felt like crap for two days which hurt me. This week my goals are to hit all three workouts and add 2 days of cardio!

--------------

DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/11/30, 08:10 AM
I have commited myself to the treadmill. I find I stick to it better at night time, so that's what I am doing. I make sure I do at least 45 minutes once I get on.

Eating: could be better, could be worse. But I am thinking when I go to grab something what would be the healthiest option.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/01, 09:46 AM
Hey - did anyone notice??? We are tacked! A sticky note, or whatever it is called! Was that an accident or did we warrant a header line?

I, myself, am impressed with those of you that get here on Monday's - or close to it anyway, lol - it is showing our accountability to ourselves and our committments not only to ourselves but to one another through support and smiles!

Another holiday is around the corner for some, so we have to buckle it up and dig in with motivation and lotsa will power! WE CAN DO IT!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/06, 10:08 AM
How is everyone today? I have to really dig in and get moving on this weight issue - I overate yesterday and paid for it this morning at 3:00 a.m. with my acid reflux, the acids came up in my throat for about the third time in two months and nearly killed me, I couldn't breathe and it burned forever. I ate too close to bedtime, which is a no-no, but the biggest no-no is that if I hadn't been a glutten all day through, I may not of suffered so terribly! It was just one day of it, but that is all it takes and I am tired of it. A new gym opened here and it is only $30 down and $30 a month and I want to go join, but I am not only working 60 hours a week, but I take my grandson 1-2 evenings a week (cuz I love him to pieces!) and everyday before work I drop off my son at college and run and I pick up my daughter in law and drive her to nursing school until noon where I quick zip out to pick her up and drive her to work, then I go back to work, then at 2:30 I go pick up my son at college and then back to work again until 7-10 p.m. I am not only neglecting my 14 yo with this unrealistic schedule but I am not eating as well as I should again (skipping meals) and have NO time for me except to sleep! This is NOT an excuse, this is fact, I cannot seem to find enough hours in the day and I am very frustrated with that!!:angry: I know, I know..MAKE the time, but it seems I cannot find enough time to sit down and eat a sensible meal let alone go work out other than my glider, which is not doing me all that much.

I thought I would ask if any of you are facing the same delima's in life, I mean, I KNOW that I am not the only one frantically racing around - I really think there is something to this stressful rat race and how it affects some of us, I know there are hormones that are reactive depending on stress, but do you find that you are overweight due to:

-an overworked life
-a non-active life
-the enjoyment of food
-depression

etc.? I would like to know what others feel on this subject. I know that we are all different and I am curious to know where the majority feel their problem lies with their weight...Let's talk!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2004/12/06, 11:45 AM
Well, I've asked myself this question before, but I think my weight gains come from two things: 1) Depression and 2) Nutty Workplaces.
1) Depression: when I'm depressed, I eat. And then the cycle begins...gain weight...get depressed about that...eat again. That's under control about 95% of the time thanks to Welbutrin. I still get hit every now and then, but it's not as bad...and it doesn't last nearly as long.

2) Nutty Workplaces: I worked in radio for 17 years before my current job. The last thing I did was produce a nationally syndicated morning show. It was hell. The hosts were moody and you never knew who you were going to get when you showed up to work. Nice...or psycho. Nothing I did was right...so that led to depression which led to eating...you know the rest. I still have a high pressure job, but at least when the day is done...I don't take it home with me. Unlike radio. I think radio people are treated even worse than newspaper people. If a big story broke, I had to drive back no matter what time and find someone to talk about it the next morning. The worst was Colombine. I was asked to leave the show not long after that. The odd thing is I still miss it? Nuts, huh?
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/12/06, 11:51 AM
Morning everyone! I worked out 3 days last week, really heavy on the weights. As a reward, I got to go tanning(that hasn't happened for 2 months!) I find when I am overly stressed, I DON'T eat. I work myself up so bad that I can't eat at all, or risk throwing up. Almost as bad as overeating IMO. I am really hoping to truly begin using lifting as a stress reliever though. The 3 days I worked out last week(only 20 min each time) I slept so much better that night, and felt much less stressed getting up the next morning. I hope this week will go as well!
2004/12/06, 12:11 PM
Hi Monday people. My a$$hole boss has actually been making me work while at work lately. I haven't had as much posting time as I like. Good to see everybody plugging away. I know that with Elactrawoman and Batman on the job you guys are in good hands so keep up the good work.:dumbbell::big_smile::big_smile::dumbbell:

--------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Charlie
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/12/06, 01:13 PM
Hi, I exercised 5 days this week for 45 minutes each day. That was nothing short of a miracle.
My eating was good until Sunday, and I also had the acid reflux last night.
Depression, enjoyment of food, and non active life are contributing factors to my weight problem.
Good Luck everyone!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/12/13, 06:59 AM
Well found out I have a slightly high cholesterol level. But I did eat better and hit all my workouts rather heavy! It was a good week.

--------------

DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/12/13, 08:03 AM
I did great on exercise and good on eating until Friday. My goal this week is to try to prevent the weekend binge trap I have been falling into. I do think I have lost a couple of pounds but I am too afraid to step on a scale because I let that set my mood for the day and that is silly.
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2004/12/13, 12:02 PM
I did fine this weekend. Just a little Chinese food Saturday night for fun. Also, the clothes are looser, but belt tighter, but the scale is not moving. I know I should look at the good stuff, but I can't stop obsessing over the lack of poundage lost. Ugh.
Miyu
Miyu
United States
2004/12/13, 03:28 PM
I did well on exercise; Getting in all my cardio and I'm starting a new program today. My diet was only so-so. I stayed in it, but had "just a taste" of quite a few things over the course of the week. My goal this week is to tighten up on my food plan.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/12/15, 11:44 AM
If you consider eating 1 container of baby food and water for the past 4 day doing good, than I did great. I have been soooo sick, and in a ton of pain from a gall bladder attack. Even today, here I am with 2 container of pear baby food and my water bottle. Bon apetite
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/16, 11:04 AM
Gosh, I have to play catch up here!! It is already Thursday (I typed Wednesday and then realized I am still behind!!)! WAnglais1, I suppose your missing your radio work is much like chocolate - it can be satisfying and heavenly in the moment when you need it to be, but the long term effect is a bummer. Depression sucks and is very detrimental to not only our mental, but physical condition, just as you say. And I don't tolerate moody people very well like you had to work with, you should have received a metal! I have an anxiety/stress/depression unfriendly mix that interrupts me from time to time (well the stress/anxiety is continual!) and tried prescriptions once but have now turned to Valarian Root, KavaKava, GTC (I think that is it) and other herbs to help me out. It seems to work okay for me thankfully. I am a bored eater, I think. Stress and boredom!

DaniDIEt you did great!!!! 5 days!!! You go girl!! That is awesome, you got me beat!! Sorry about the acid reflux, I have read until I'm blue in the face that being overweight is a contributor, you would think that would be enough for me to be a skinny minnie by now rather than suffering continually!! Keep it up, you are doing just super!!

CristalBelle: I am so sorry to hear about your gall bladder attack, I understand those to be very painful and I feel awful for you! Please take care of yourself and I'll keep you in my prayers!!

miyu: Keep it going, so-so is better than no-no!! :)

Hey, Mutt, sorry to hear about that high chol, just kick it in the butt like you do with your workouts and you'll lick it quickity split!! Great job on those workouts!!

And...Charlie..I am so sorry to hear you have had to work at work, that is just the pits, isn't it!! Well, don't let them make you work too hard, we miss you when you aren't sharing with us your knowledge... and crap!! *wink*

Okay folks, let's shoot for the stars and hope we can get within walking distance of 'em!! Have a good 'what is left of the week' week and I'll see you on Monday!

Ohhh, yeah...my weeks thus far has been pointlessly busy, I still have not had a moment to check out the new gym with Christmas parties, etc., but I am eating well at them!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
cuteygurl
cuteygurl
United States
2004/12/19, 08:07 AM
Sorry I haven't posted much. Still walking 2 to 3x a week. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I think my pants feel a little looser and i am sleeping better at night now!

Kristen
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/12/20, 09:33 AM
This week I have exercised 3 days and have not eaten at night. I have binged during the day.
My goals are to maintain exercise and try to find a way to curb my binge eating.
I feel better when I don't eat at night it is just hard to remind myself that at night. I am a big B***H at night. Sorry hubby.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/12/20, 11:55 AM
I only made it to one workout....but that is last week and in the past!

--------------

Miyu
Miyu
United States
2004/12/20, 12:12 PM
This week has been a good one for me. I had a MAJOR first time sucess. I went out a restaurant with friends and DIDN'T cheat on my diet! :dumbbell: :big_smile: :laugh: :dumbbell: Oh yeah, I rock! I've never been able to do that before. Usually I end up getting a bunch of fried "whateverisonthemenu" and pig out. My goal for the next three weeks is to simply stick with my diet. I have some added incentive- I'll be visiting a friend I haven't seen in over a year in three weeks. She know's I've been working on this for a while and I really want to "wow" her.

--------------
If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/12/20, 12:30 PM
Well, last week I didn't work out as I wanted to give my body some time to recoup from my gall bladder attack. The attack however was truly a blessing in disguise as it has taught me about correct portion sizes. I can know only eat about 1/2 of what I used to eat. Anything more than that and I feel sick to my stomach and bloated. Due in part to the being sick, and afterwards the smaller portion sizes, I have lost about 5lbs. I don't think of this as a "good" thing, because they were lost in a horrible way, but I will be back to the weights this week, and we will see how that works in conjunction with my new portion control monitor(my tummy!) :big_smile:
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2004/12/20, 02:08 PM
I was laid out from Thursday on to today with some kind of throat infection. I slept all weekend. Ugh. I'm better today and will hit it tonight. Christmas week and all. I love the holidays. This year though, I haven't been able to get into it like usual. Perhaps I'm just dreading the family.
phimugirl1
phimugirl1
United States
2004/12/20, 09:55 PM
I've been out of commission. =0( In late October I began having foot pain. A few days before Thanksgiving I was finally diagnosed by a podiatrist as having Morton's Neuromas. It's swollen nerves in the feet between my third and fourth toes. Unfortunately, I've got them on both feet. I got an injection of cortisone and some alcohol mixture which helped for a day and a half. However, I began going to a podiatrist closer to home on December 13 and instead of getting cortisone injections every 2 weeks for 8 treatments he wanted me to wear these bandages on both feet. They're supposed to decrease the swelling by putting the weight on another part of my foot rather than my toes. So far, it's not working. I'm still limping around. I tried to walk slowly on my treadmill, but I couldn't handle the pain.

I've just filled out my nutrition information and exercise guide to begin on Monday. I'm not sure what all I can do for my lower body, but at least I can regain muscle in my upper body.

My weight has gone up 9 lbs since I first joined this site. I'm not handling the extra weight very well at all. It's uncomfortable and it can't be helping my poor feet!!!

It sounds like the rest of you are continuing to do well. I'm very happy to hear it!!!

Sorry I've been MIA.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/21, 11:41 AM
Gosh, I feel bad, so many are having difficult times! I want to send well wishes to you all and hope that you are feeling better soon!

I got to the gym today, as I posted in another post, and after I posted here, my bank called and told me that I had put $300 instead of $30 on one of my deposit slips two weeks ago and they had just found the error, so I am minus about $270 that I thought I had and DON'T and at Christmas at that! :( Oh well, can't let it get me down or feel guilty I spent the money at the gym (okay, I'll work on the guilt), but if any of you have any rich relatives, just point them in my directions, k? :laugh:

Anyway, I am excited about the gym and hope each day helps me to feel better about myself, inside and out! :)

Hugs to you all who are ill and to those that aren't! It is always good to see you here!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
brandyjames
brandyjames
United States
2004/12/27, 09:16 AM
Okay I thought I posted, but it didn't go through so let me do this again -- Hi everyone! I'm new here from Richmond, Virginia and recently joined a gym. I love my gym and look forward to going tonight and tomorrow. I'm doing a kick boxing class tonight and a cycling class tomorrow night. I understand the cycling class is hard core.

I have a long term goal to lose 135 lbs by this time next year. I have a short term goal to lose 35 lbs by the end of February.

Good luck to everyone on your goals and if you live in my area please email me. Happy Monday everyone!

--------------
~Brandy~
brandyjames06@yahoo.com
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/12/27, 10:34 AM
Oh god, this week, or should I say last week, NO exercise and I ate like crap. I am starting again today.

So, my goals for this week are to get some exercise and clean up my diet. Again.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/12/27, 12:07 PM
Last week I lifted 2x, and didn't have much difficulty at all with food. Christmas Eve dinner was clam chowder and 1/2 a sub sandwich. Christmas day was 1 piece of ham(not very tasty ham at that) some green beens, and a roll. Not to much available to even THINK about getting in trouble. Hoping this week to get back to lifting 3x, and will be trying to drink more water after the soda's I had over the Holiday!
Miyu
Miyu
United States
2004/12/27, 12:30 PM
So I've been kicking ass on my diet and exercise but I've hit a plateau! Sonofa*&%$! ARGH! :angry:

My nutritionist has me on a new eating plan. Previously I was eating 5 meals/day. Now I'm eating 8 meals/day. Every two hours and so much more food! She increased my caloric intake by 300 cals/day. I feel stuffed all the time. It seems to be working (she swore it would) but I won't know until thursday when I have my weigh-in.

The increase in calories is a little scary. I've been restricting for this whole diet and now that's changed. I guess I have to remember that the types of food I am eating now are very differnt than what I was eating before - so even if I eat the same amount of calories (or nearly) my body will react differently.

By the way welcome to the boards Brandy! Good luck on reaching your goals.

--------------
I am an apathetic sociopath - I would kill you if I cared...
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/27, 02:45 PM
Hello all! Welcome Brandyjames! Great to have you and good luck with those goals! Not to be a downer or anything, I just want to mention that a healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week - now I'm not saying that your goal cannot be done I'm just saying to not get discouraged if you fall a bit short, the biggest weight losses in the shortest amount of time usually involve a loss of fluids, not fat, so just be very careful, we want you losing and healthy! It takes 3500 calories to pack in a pound of fat, so it will take that to lose one. Joining a gym is awesome, that is what I've finally been able to do after one finally opened! You don't mention it, but if you don't now, try adding weights, the more muscle increase, the more you burn even at rest!

I missed the gym this weekend, they were closed during the holidays, bummer! Then this morning I was still bogged down a bit with this virus of sorts that has exhausted me, but I brought my clothes to go after work! So, other than when they were closed, I have been there faithfully!

I wish I lived closer, I would camp out there!!

Anyway, great to see you all and hope you are all enjoying the holiday season!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
the_gurrl333
the_gurrl333
United States
2004/12/29, 02:29 PM
Well this isn't exactly Monday but I haven't been around here for a while because of my crazy life and some family deaths. I tell you what this is the year for family accidents and health problems and death. Well I have been doing pretty good I haven't kept up all the exercising like I should have been but my diet has been over all pretty good concidering the circumstances. The last time I was here I was 230 and I am now down to 218 so that is good. I hope everyone will reach their goals in 2005.:dumbbell:
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/12/29, 03:18 PM
Good to see you, the_gurrl333. I am sorry to hear that life has been so hard on you and your family of late. I want to congratulate you on your weight loss, I just hope you are taking care of yourself while in the midst of all this sadness...hugs and hope to see you here again soon.

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
brandyjames
brandyjames
United States
2005/01/03, 08:36 AM
I hope things are doing okay gurrl. And definately congratulations on your weight loss!

Well I weighed myself last night at the gym and I lost 1.2 lbs. Which is better then a gain and I know that the average loss is 2 lbs. So I'm excited about that. But I do have a few questions. I'll post them in a question section though. I worked really hard all last week and worked 5 days out of the week.

Tonight is my kick boxing class so I'm excited about that because although I hate it while I'm going through it, I feel so good when I'm done.

Well hope everyone is doing well on their goals! I just realized I'm the first to post in this section in 2005! Woo hoo!

--------------
~Brandy~
brandyjames06@yahoo.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2005/01/03, 01:53 PM
Good Job Brandy!

Well, my New Years celebrations included alittle bit too much alcohol, but, at least I stick with liquor, which is much lower in carbs and calories than foo foo girl drinks or beer. HA HA My resolution to consistantly work out 5 days a week, 3 lifting and 2 cardio starts today. I have my workout pants with me, and will be headed to the gym directly after work. Hope everyone had a good new years!
the_gurrl333
the_gurrl333
United States
2005/01/03, 05:49 PM
Well I'm down 4 pounds and I feel good. There was a few slips in my diet this week but instead of downing a supersize snickers bar I had one of those mini ones. So yay for a small change. Other then that I feel great besides this flu that turned its self into Phemonia so no working out untill its better. That means I work harder on eating better. Hope everyone had a great new years!
brandyjames
brandyjames
United States
2005/01/04, 07:39 AM
Congrats everyone! WTG! We can do this!

--------------
~Brandy~
brandyjames06@yahoo.com
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/05, 11:36 AM
HI! It's another manic monday gone by and here it is Wednesday! I had computer meltdown both at work and home! DSL went at work and computer crashed at home so I'm a bit behind!

Been working out like a fiend at the gym, I LOVE IT, wish I could live in a backroom, course the kids, dogs, cats, and birds wouldn't probably have much room, so I guess I will have to settle for trying to keep squeezing time in!

I have decided that I AM NOT going to focus on the appearance of my body as so often we do when we start a program, looking for any little clue of progress and being critical if we don't find anything immediately. Instead I am just focusing on the fact that I am feeling better and when the clothes start to drop off, that will be thrill enough for me!!!

They had promised they would have a boxing bag up when I started and still weeks later they do not, I keep asking but they keep telling me they haven't had time...argghh!

I purchased some nuts and like foods to help at work for my hunger since we don't have a refrigerator to keep things in and I want to avoid grabbing ANY fastfood, but something on the way happened on this journey of mine...I don't craven nor want anything to do with fast food. My husband and I were out the other day all day and had to stop for food but were in a hurry, so he wanted Sonic, I told him, nope, he could go right ahead, but I would call in a to-go order while he was ordering his food at a local restaurant that gave me better choices. It was worth it!

Hope all are doing well this week!! Chin up!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
brandyjames
brandyjames
United States
2005/01/06, 09:28 AM
WTG on the turning down fast food Veda! You have more will power then I do. Hopefully I will get there soon! Great job!

--------------
~Brandy~
brandyjames06@yahoo.com
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2005/01/10, 10:00 AM
Yo, Monday is in da house. (That sounds like a white guy even when I type it!:laugh:) Anyway, new workout kicking me hard. This weekend we did go to a fondue place...that sounds so 1970s. It was good, but expensive. Thank goodness I didn't pay. Other than that, things continue along pretty well. I get upset that I'm not making progress any faster, but what the heck.
WAnglais1
WAnglais1
United States
2005/01/10, 10:55 AM
Oh, and one more thing. As we were walking in the house this weekend, the girlfriend said, "You're smaller. Turn to the side. Yep, thinner..." I was happy. My t-shirts have been hanging longer so I thought I was shrinking in the shower. It was good to hear all the work has started showing.
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2005/01/10, 11:32 AM
I haven't been putting dieting as my priority due to a trip to Chicago (I have a new nephew!) but I have not binged and have eaten Subway instead of Fast Food AKA Grease. I have been doing some weights and I am going to start on my dance pad I bought.
My ephedra cravings are really strong due to a private pity party that I can't do it on my own.
My thinking is starting to slowly change. I am making better food choices by reminding myself that this is for life.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/10, 09:01 PM
Brandyjames you will, you will, you will!!

Well, WAnglais1, congrats on the growing t-shirt syndrome, shrinking waist syndrome!! Fondue, eh? I haven't heard of a fondue restaurant, but then we are SooooSoooo backwoods here, sounds nummy!

Hey, DaniDIEt, hang in there, it gets better, you just have to dance it away!!

I am on week, what, three? four? I think this will be the fourth week, I'm trying not to concentrate on those things, so anyway, I am now having to drive to Memphis for an overnighter meeting this week, arggghhh! I am calling to see if the hotel has a gym, too!!! I'm not missing a day except for health emergencies like the flu or something else nasty that comes my way.

Enjoyed my Monday workout, it was fierce, upped the weights and increased my speed a bit. I do three sets a bit faster and the last is gruelingly (is that a word) slower and more torturous, I was a'tremblin'!

Good luck to all on the start of another new week, another day to begin again!!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/14, 05:03 PM
Well, it's not Monday, it's Friday but I just returned from my business trip and it cost me two days working out as I left work drove for six hours, went to bed, got up, went to meetings all day, then drove for six hours and went to bed (2:00 a.m. got in) and then had to get up four hours later for work. I will have to do some weekend workouts as I don't get to the gym now until Monday, so I am writing this now so when Monday comes I can feel really guilty if I didn't workout at home! I will workout!!

..unfortunately I have to do a shortened version again on Tuesday...

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last