Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Weight Loss Equals Breast Reduction

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
bonafide
bonafide
United States
2003/06/11, 03:03 AM
Hi. I'm 15 and when I was in elementary, my teacher told me that when women start losing weight their chest size decreases. I'm 140 and I want to be 120. If I lose those twenty pounds, will my breast get smaller or is that just a myth? Also, is it possible to lose about 20 pounds in 2-3 months with moderate exercising and dieting. Are there any standard charts that give the approximate weight for people of a certain height?
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/06/11, 09:59 AM
I know for females you usually figure "about" 100 pounds for the first 5 feet and about 5 pounds per inch over that (example 5'4" should weigh "about" 120 pounds depending on build) that has to be a VERY general figure for that. As far as losing you breasts, it is because breast tissue is mostly fat and when you lose fat you lose it from everywhere.

--------------
Gramma
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/06/11, 11:44 AM
I think Deby is right, the charts usually count 100lbs for five feet and then add around 5 lbs per inch - but I have to say, for a muscular female I think the charts are really too low. Focusing on weight is really not an accurate measure of health anyway, or even appearance, since your body composition can change your size dramatically w/out changing your weight or even adding pounds to your weight. I wear the same size I wore in college but right now I weigh about 15 lbs more than I did then, but I'm much stronger and healthier now.
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/06/11, 12:15 PM
100 lbs....Yikes! Guess I still have quite a ways to go...LOL...
Does seem a little low to me too? I tacked on about 15 to create my goal=115...
You will lose the fat everywhere...No such thing as spot reduction....But you might, at least, look "proportioned" instead of like you're ready to topple over...lol...

As far as losing the 20 lbs in 2-3 months...I've read that it IS possible for someone who's used to it...But the best advice I've read regarding this issue is to allow your body the time to change. Much better than possibly harming yourself by trying to rush it.
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/06/11, 12:17 PM
Takes time...like anything else....But your goal is well worth the wait :o)
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/06/11, 12:56 PM
At 15 years old, you should be able to drop weight quickly just by cutting out any "junk" you are eating or drinking. You should be able to still eat any regular meals you are already eating and still lose weight rapidly. If you are exercising your weight may not go down as fast but you body will shape up a whole lot better and you size will change. I have always said I do not care what I weigh if I wear a size 8 or 10!!!

--------------
Gramma
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/06/11, 01:06 PM
When you start exercising strenuously, like bodybuilding, and you take your fat levels down to a low level, say single digits, you will lose breast size. See, breast is mainly fatty tissue. Fat does not care where it comes off at. That is why you see most female bodybuilders without breast enhancements have small breasts. And on the other hand, a reason not take breast enhancing pills. They promote fatty tissue, and it again as it comes off, does not really care where it goes on, so some could very well go to places you don't want. Sorry to get into your female conversations, but thought some input might help.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/06/11, 01:59 PM
I took the breast enhancement pills and I wouldn't suggest them to anyone trying to loss weight. They enhanced my stomach and my breast.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/06/11, 02:20 PM
Hop on in anytime BB1! Most people on this site appreciate your input...
I'm leary of everything I put into my body :o)
I even try to obtain all the nutrients I need simply by the food I intake w/o resorting to vitamin/protein supplements.
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/06/11, 02:21 PM
the idea of "breast enhancement" pills kinda scares me to tell the truth...lol
lini_liduce
lini_liduce
United States
2003/07/15, 12:38 PM
about loosing the inches in your breast, it is not always so. I went up to a 38 DD after having 3 kids, when I lost 60 lbs. I only went down to a 36 DD, but It all depends on how your body will react. I ended up getting a breast reduction, and could not be happier, but if you are only 15 years old, you are way too young to do that. Just keep on exercising and dieting and good things will come.
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/07/15, 01:29 PM
I had a nice set of C's at 14. I have a tiny set of barely AA's now at 21. They left me along with 50 pounds of extra me. They stayed at a small B, however, until I started seriously weight training, then they just disappeared. Honestly, they just got in my way when they were bigger. At your age, though, your hormones are still in puberty mode, so it's hard to tell what will happen.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/07/17, 01:02 PM
Wow, effalunt, I knew you were very fit now but didn't realize you had lost 50 lbs, congrats to you!

This may sound like a silly and vain question, but I hate the way my A/small B's look in a sports bra. Not only are they small they are so droopy that the bra just makes them disappear. Does anyone know a source for shaped sports bras for women who don't need all the motion control? I would be eternally grateful if you could provide a link. My gym is incredibly hot in the summer.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/17, 03:46 PM
I just happened to be looking at bras in a catalog I got today called Title 9 Sports. Website: www.title9sports.com Some of them are a little pricey, but I'm thinking of trying a couple. Mine are not only droopy, but they are wide-set and most bras, except sport bras don't fit right. Sport bras just squish them flat.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/07/18, 11:06 AM
I'll check Title 9 Sports. I also saw a Jogbra called I think Natural Contours - anyone heard of that one?

I wish we had a decent selection here in town - I hate to spend the money w/out trying one on.
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/07/18, 12:53 PM
Ooooh. We get the catalog for Title 9 in the mail and I'm always so tempted. Their stuff looks really comfy and sized well. There's a relatively new store out here in Cali called Lucy - a women's only fitness clothing store. Really cute stuff, kind of pricey, good wicking fabrics...again, always tempting, but I usually get my stuff from the sidewalk sales at Sportsmart. Not nearly as exciting.
Anyway, here's the website - maybe they're near you -
http://www.lucy.com/
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/18, 01:03 PM
I know what you mean about ordering without trying on. I have been wearing cotton bras by Jockey for Her because they have no shape and will fit any figure, but I would like something with some shape to it once in a while.

--------------
~Victoria~
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/07/18, 03:07 PM
I'll check the site; I have to get my stuff at the sidewalk sales most of the time, too. LOL I'm much too broke and I wear the stuff way too hard to spend too many bucks!
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/19, 03:16 PM
Well I went to Mervyns yesterday and tried on 7 different bras and none of them fit. Ended up getting another shapeless, sport-type thing. Ugh!

--------------
~Victoria~
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/07/19, 05:15 PM
Okay, Sandiegofit.com has some contoured sports bras; they are not cheap, though! I like the Champion shape2000 bras, they aren't too cutesy.
absentminded
absentminded
United States
2003/08/12, 03:53 AM
I can vouch for loss in my breast size. After I lost about 30 lbs I went down almost 2 cup sizes.

one thing i did not do when i was exercising to loose the weight was chest exercises to tone the chest muscles..so if your looking to loose weight remember those chest exercises.

Since I never knew about that can anyone suggest some good exercises to help me?
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/08/13, 04:16 PM
absentminded - you might want to check at the exercise pics and descriptions here...
and don't just stick to flat bench (bbell or dbell). do incline & decline. i'm also big fan of doing chest using cables - seems to help develop the cleavage area, as do flys. start out with light weights on flys to make sure you've got the form right - those are easy to mess up.

-kirby
LDUGOM
LDUGOM
United States
2004/02/16, 08:56 PM
I just got back into the gym, guess I got tired of being overweight and now I m afraid its going to fail me again.
I've been in this situation of excercising and dieting too many times and failed me every time. I want to lose the weight so bad but I m afraid I will get tired of it and quit. Its just too much with all the healthy eating changes and excersice routines. Besides, the last time I did it, it only lasted 2wks. How can I just keep on going?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/02/17, 02:31 AM
Know your goals, know your mind and body and believe in youself and you'll reach your dreams.
Please tell us a little more about yourself (and start another topic).

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
B23
B23
United States
2004/02/18, 07:14 PM
about the breast thing...i'm an 'up there' 5'9 with 34Ds and i've never lost any boob weight. i've always had to wear 2 sports bras when running (painful!) i used to run track before my injuries and i ony noticed slight cup changes at the beginning of the season when i was just starting up again...but soon enough, they were back to normal size. so my guess is that genetics may also play a role in breast reduction during exercise since i'm still all here and accounted for, lol.
halfpint116
halfpint116
United States
2004/02/19, 10:12 AM
If you are 15 years old you still have "baby fat". If you want to lose weight lose it slowly. Don't out do yourself and make yourself sick. My daughter thought she was overweight at 15 and I told her she would slim down when she got older. Well, she has and she is proud that she took my advice and did not diet. Also, your boobs do not stop fully developing until your 20 - 21 years old. Just take care of yourself is the main thing.

techwench
techwench
United States
2004/03/14, 05:29 PM
i lost 60 lbs and i used to be like 40C and now i'm 36B which is killing me. also the fact that i breastfed two kids and am now in my 40's. yikes! i guess i'll just have to save up for some "work."

--------------
let\'s see, format c: /u ought to fix it
revathy17
revathy17
Malaysia
2004/05/19, 11:22 AM
hi..
i'm new.. As i read ur info, i find out that if i lost weight i'll lost my breast size.
The thing is i'm 23, my breast is bigger n hanging.. (38C)
I dono what exersize i should do? Any sugestion?
Beside that i'm 64kg with 164cm height.
my waist is 32 n my bud 38 n not shape at all.
I would to get some sugesttion to drop my weight.
This is my goal - breast - 34 waist-28 butt- 38(good shape)
SO what should i do? Plez help me ladies. I don't go to gym.
today i have join the plan. but need help to maintain my goal.
Any suggestion..... Plez help... Thanks In Advance:love:
jask
jask
Canada
2004/05/19, 02:54 PM
i'm 19 and my boobs are still going. i've always kept active and i've been doing the pec dec a lot. i've lost weight but my bra size is still the same. and they look a lot perkier (god bless the pec dec). isnt 15 a little young to be dieting?

oh and revathy.....did you get your exercise plan yet? just stick to it. it works out well. just keep thinkin of how banging you'll look in that bikini. or how mean catty girls are and work out harder to look better than them :)
Jazzy47
Jazzy47
United States
2004/05/26, 10:53 PM
Is there some sort of guideline, like 20 lbs 2 cup sizes, or does it pretty much depend on the individual? Cause right now I'm ALMOST the perfect size, i just want the line down the abs and a LITTLE less on the thighs (I know, no silly spot reducing stuff! ;) ) With 36 D, I'm exactly where I wanna be there. Can pec workouts help compensate? I heard they can actually appear to increase breast size. I'm 17, and have about a 5-10 lb loss goal.:)
hdogiakis
hdogiakis
United States
2004/05/31, 02:35 PM
the weight measurements 100 pounds for 5 feet plus 5 pounds every inch is accurate (I am a registered dietitian). However, it is not a good way to find appropriate body weights. Body frame also comes into play. A better measurement to check for a healthy weight is Body Mass Index (BMI). The standard ideal body weights do not take into account muscle weight either:big_smile:
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/06/02, 01:36 PM
I have to say, this is what is most frustrating for me after losing weight. I have always had an ample chest, when I weight 96 pounds through age 21 or so, I wore a 38D, I believe, anyway, a few years ago I lost about 30 pounds and when I looked down, I was soooooo depressed. My chest then began to resemble deflated balloons, seriously. The size remained, yet with the fat lessened, I had some big difficulties with what was left. Is there anything - anything besides a boob job, that can be done or am I doomed in my upcoming hopeful weight loss of 78 pounds - I won't be left with anything but saggy fried eggs for breasts, and I don't know how I would ever leave the light on with my husband again...I am hoping to someday leave the light on...lol!

--------------
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
SMILES FOR MILES
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/06/04, 11:24 AM
Maybe I said too much...lol...I am thinking that due to the very quick weight loss I had that may of contributed, I am hoping with slower loss and exercise I may be able to save them!! *crossing fingers

--------------
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
SMILES FOR MILES
weebol6
weebol6
United States
2004/06/30, 01:07 PM
I am 27 and genetically blessed out of 3 sisters I am the one who has 34D's and my sisters range from -a cup to b+ maybe c I weighed 117 at first child with a c cup and went up to the size I am now I feel they are perkier but I just want my C- cups back I hate the inability to find matching sexy bras and panties I never had a pair yet and I can't wear lingerie because my boobs are like jello can you tell me what the procedure is for breast reduction my doctor said they would be willing to say I need it cuz of my back problems but I am afraid of the whole thing how much risk how much pain how long is recovery please help !!! I am desperate and in the mean time is there exercises that will help reduce the size??Thank You Soooo much.

============
Quoting from lini_liduce:

about loosing the inches in your breast, it is not always so. I went up to a 38 DD after having 3 kids, when I lost 60 lbs. I only went down to a 36 DD, but It all depends on how your body will react. I ended up getting a breast reduction, and could not be happier, but if you are only 15 years old, you are way too young to do that. Just keep on exercising and dieting and good things will come.
=============
2004/06/30, 01:11 PM
Wee, welcome to FT. You may want to start a new post. The one you referenced is a year old. She's long gone.

--------------
Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
sadia
sadia
United States
2004/07/25, 01:08 AM
hey guyz im new my name is aaliyah and i read yall messages i think that 15 iznt that big of a deal to be dieting trus me i have seen gurls who r 11 and 12 who diet my younger sister which is 12 she is dieting cuz she ways 140pounds:( i feel bad 4 her yall have any unharmful diet tips 4 her thank you
westcoastblood
westcoastblood
United States
2005/01/31, 10:09 PM
Don't worry about breast size! Guys(including me) all go for Booty, ever hear that MC Hammer song "Baby got Back"
: )
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2005/02/01, 01:31 AM
Sir Mix A Lot...... :laugh: :big_smile:

--------------
Michael

100% AMMONIA SNORTIN, ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS FAILING, BIG IRON LOVIN, FACE SLAPPIN, HEAVY METAL LISTENIN, CHALK CLOUD MAKIN, GUM BLEEDIN, SCABBY-SHINNED, LEATHER PALMED, BLOOD-SHOT EYED, KNEE WRAP WEARIN, RIP IT UP OFF THE FLOOR, DO OR DIE TRYIN, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, BAR BENDIN POWERLIFTER. You got a problem with that?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2005/02/03, 01:43 AM
============
Quoting from westcoastblood:

Don't worry about breast size! Guys(including me) all go for Booty, ever hear that MC Hammer song "Baby got Back"
: )
=============
YES lol I would rather have a knock dead behind than a big chest annoying me when jumping or running! :):laugh:

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
LisaBarber
LisaBarber
Canada
2005/02/08, 01:41 PM
Hey ladies. I am new to the site Found it when I was looking for an excercise program. Thanks by the way. I just wanted to put some input in on the breast topic. I am one of the unfortunate people that had recently started dieting and now excersing because of morbid obesisty. What I wanted to say was that even when I was small when I was younger I had a again the unfortunate big breasts situation. After children and weight gain I was starting to get bigger and bigger breast which in turn made it hard for me to do anything. I tried to work out but I kept hurting my back. I do have to say that eventually I just got depressed cause my back was always sore and I suffered from severe tension headaches, and as a good portion of woman know once you get depressed it is like falling down a steep hill. Finally last May after topping out at almost 350 pounds my doctor stepped in and said ok I have let you do it your way now we are doing it mine. The first thing he did was got me into see a plastic surgeon to get a breast reduction done. I had it done at the end of august and aside from some complications I was ready to go full force on my weight loss by the middle of December. I went from a G56 ladies to a C 44. Wow what a diiference. My point here I guess and I realize that most wont look at this option. But at some point even after you have lost as much as you can off them you may need to consider getting a boob job done. If they are causing you pain. We decided that I needed to do it to make it so that I wasnt haveing tension headaches like crazy and I needed something desperatly to make it easier for me to excercise. On December 15 of 04 I started my diet and walking and swimming and am proud to say that as of yesterday I am 32 pounds lighter than I was. ANd truth be told, I wouldnt have been able to do it had I not had 12 pounds of fat taken off my breasts. I have no back pain no tension headaches and damn people I can wear a sports bra!!!!! I know alot of people say oh you took the easy way out. I dont think I did. I think I did what was the best for me and in my eyes they weight loss proves it.

============
Quoting from bonafide:

Hi. I'm 15 and when I was in elementary, my teacher told me that when women start losing weight their chest size decreases. I'm 140 and I want to be 120. If I lose those twenty pounds, will my breast get smaller or is that just a myth? Also, is it possible to lose about 20 pounds in 2-3 months with moderate exercising and dieting. Are there any standard charts that give the approximate weight for people of a certain height?
=============
LisaBarber
LisaBarber
Canada
2005/02/08, 01:44 PM
As for you bona wow I can understand wanting to be a certain weight, but at 15 I would hope that your goal is to be healthy. They are right when they say cut out the junk food lol believe me that can take a lot of!!!!
div_s
div_s
United States
2005/03/14, 03:48 PM
Hi Guys,
i am new to this forum, I am 22 and i weight around 140 pounds and i am having the same problem of oversized breast, not able to wear anything i like at all...and i was planning to get a breast reduction done but not sure about it...i am exercising regularly and also dieting...i dont know if this would help me..can someone please give me a suggestion?
lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2005/04/05, 03:58 PM
I have a serious question. My friend works out alot and want to increase her cup size really bad because she lost alot of it over the past couple of years (confidence thing I guess). I have heard all of you talk about these pills but what are the names of them?
2005/04/05, 08:08 PM
div_s as you begin to lose weight...your breasts will liekly get smaller....it depends where you're likelier to store body fat...for you it's probably in other places..so you're losing it there first...but eventually you'll lose some in your breasts also...

lexballer....she's out of luck....just how it is....she'll have to increase body fat to increase breast size....some women increase breast size when they take birth control pills but it's because they eat more and gain weight and body fat which in turn gives them bigger breasts....
maniac74
maniac74
United Kingdom
2005/04/30, 06:11 PM
bonafide, i have a similar problem to you, which hopefully someone can help me with?
i'm 14 years old and i want smaller breasts. I recently started an excersise program and i've been doing chest excercises to reduce breast size, but i'm not sure if it's working. I heard somewhere that doing these excercises can actually make breasts look larger because of the muscle being built underneath. I really wanna sort my problem out the easiest way (and quickest).
2005/04/30, 08:37 PM
To lose breast size...you need to do cardiovascular training...ie running, jump roping, interval training, etc....

as well as reduce total daily caloric intake to lose weight.....

You won't lose all the fat from your breasts...but you'll likely lose some of the fat from there also...

Weight training will boost yuour metabolism to lose more body fat....the muscle that you'll gain won't alter the appearance of your breasts(maybe just a tiny bit...but probably not even)
maniac74
maniac74
United Kingdom
2005/05/01, 01:36 PM
ok thanks menace. so doing the weight training will actually lose breast fat quicker?
Lakiva
Lakiva
Canada
2005/08/05, 12:35 PM
Hi

I m seventeen,5f4,117pound,i have a petite built,i eat healthy and my breast are just too big. I feel like the take up too much of my small cheast and they constanty hurt. I m sick of them and i feel like they keep growing although i do everything to avoid packing up fat.

I recently started playing tennis and i was wondering if it would help me lose some of that unwanted fat. If i dont find a solution soon i ll definitely turn to sugery. please help me!
mikeynwendi
mikeynwendi
United States
2005/08/06, 01:09 PM
lakiva, just hang in there, ur still young and ur body still has some natural things to do. keep w/ the working out, CV, tennis, whatever you enjoy. u need to give ur body a couple more years to adjust to ur "post-adolescent" phase. just try to deal with them for now, your body may shed them off in a year or two if you keep up the body you have now. just be patient and give it time.
shapelyldy
shapelyldy
United States
2005/08/13, 02:49 AM
well i think all of us women have that concern, but i guess it's the price we pay for getting into shape, i think natural is healthier, would never suggest to anyone bout getting implants, heard to many bad stories bout them, i think finding a good bra that enhances what u have is key, along with doing exercises for the chest since the pecs support the breasts and can make them look better when they are in shape
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last