Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

New to weight loss/exercise

mchlrocks
mchlrocks
United States
2003/02/25, 11:26 PM
Hi ladies,

I need some help and maybe a little advice. I have always been semi active but for the past 3 years have really slowed down..and had a baby 6 months ago. Anyway I've gained an extra 25 pounds from the baby...I need some advice mainly on food. I started eating more because I was pregnant (bad bad bad michelle I know) but I still eat the same that I did when I was preggo...My question is how do you know what to eat,how often, how much. I would really like to quit this bad habit but have no idea where to start. And I just don't have the time to weigh my food every time I eat. Please help me :) Thanks
-michelle
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/26, 01:55 AM
The very best advice I can give you Michelle is try to do a search and you'll find a lot of great letters about the same subject......
Everybody is different so you need to find what works for you.
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
juliehooper
juliehooper
United States
2003/02/26, 09:48 AM
Michelle,

I have just recently started a product called MNS(multinutritional system/ or Advocare). I just started about two weeks ago. I am pretty overweight right now. And it seems to be working for me. It is giving me energy and it is taking inches of me. Plus I get all of the nutrients back in my body that I am lacking. I take what they call the silver platinum box which is the strongest box they offer for appetite suppressant and energy increase levels. And they also have something called catlyst. It eats the stored fat in your stomach even during the night time. Well anyhow you might check it out. If you think you might be interested maybe I can send you some information from my distributer. I can keep in touch with you and tell you how my progress is comming along. Do you drink water? I have been told that sometimes you think your hungry when actually you might just feel that way cause you are lacking water. I would try to drink at least one eight ounce cup of water before each meal just to see if you are getting fuller faster rather than eating more. I am no expert on this cause remember I just getting started myself. I need just as much help as you. But maybe if we have to stick together with who could help each other out. Than we are more likely to try harder knowing someone out there is going through the same thing.
juliehooper
juliehooper
United States
2003/02/26, 09:52 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/02/27, 11:14 AM
What is MNS and where do you get it?
juliehooper
juliehooper
United States
2003/02/27, 12:34 PM
Multinutritional System. I got it from a friend who distributes it and also has had results with it. It is vitamins. She has told me that it puts back in the body what it may be lacking. I am attending a seminar tonight to learn more about it. Maybe I can get a website for all. It is so far doing alright with me. I have not been on it a long time though. I really wouldn't suggest anyone taking anything even though it is a vitamin without a physicians ok. Mine told me that he thought they would work well with me. I seem to be a little more peppy.I have a lot more energy for my kids. You know they need there mom most of all.

============
Quoting from deby:

What is MNS and where do you get it?
=============
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/02/27, 03:57 PM
If you get more information, please let me know.
juliehooper
juliehooper
United States
2003/02/27, 07:52 PM
ok, I will see what kind of information I can give you from my distributor.She knows the best way to explain things.
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/02/28, 09:04 AM
Thanks.

--------------
Gramma
hotkiss
hotkiss
Dominica
2005/01/19, 10:53 AM
Can anyone tell me what the best exercise for the abs is? and the fastest way to burn fat?
2005/01/19, 10:57 AM
Push backs....as in push back from the table.

--------------
Dances with humans

Charlie
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/01/19, 10:58 AM
a good diet and hard work in the gym
you need calories deficit to burn fat
either by dieting or a combo of exercise and diet

Raj
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/01/19, 11:07 AM
Charlie you do keep it simple thats :cool:
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/01/19, 01:17 PM
I like that one!!

============
Quoting from charlie826:

Push backs....as in push back from the table.

=============

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
heathermarie
heathermarie
United States
2005/06/09, 10:19 PM
i use to be very active in my younger days but lets face it that was back then. i use to run, but now i cant because of children and health problems. my main thing is that i have alot of restrictions to what i am able to do right now. but i know the on thing is my eating, i eat way to much and my health right now cant take it,there are alot of things in the family history that is knocking on my back door and i need help to chase them away, someone please HELP ME ASAP:(
jesnev
jesnev
United States
2005/06/19, 09:15 PM
i am having the same problems as mchlrocks, i had a baby four months ago and cant seem to get back to eating normally i still eat like im pregnant (and i feel like i look it too) if anyone has any suggestions please help:)
jesnev
jesnev
United States
2005/06/19, 09:15 PM
i am having the same problems as mchlrocks, i had a baby four months ago and cant seem to get back to eating normally i still eat like im pregnant (and i feel like i look it too) if anyone has any suggestions please help:)
RandomGirl
RandomGirl
United States
2005/06/20, 02:34 AM
I would suggest the 5-6 small meals a day the professionals here recommend, which is actualy similar to pregnancy eating in frequency (but probably not ammount)

There is a grocery list of healthy food choices marked by a red thumbtack in the Specific Diets and Nutrition thread, you can print it and take it with you to the grocery store. Shop when you arent hungry to avoid buying junk foods impulsively, if this is a problem for you (it is sometimes for me)

your ft nutrition plan will give you a guideline for your macro breakdown if you have filled out the profile there. Some well spent time tracking your meals for a few days and you will get a model to be able to adjust your daily intake to meet the goals.

Goodluck to you:)

erahn
erahn
United States
2007/02/07, 03:51 PM
this is pretty emberissing but what would be the best exercise to do to make your chest not look so saggy
dadaysprincess
dadaysprincess
United Kingdom
2007/10/29, 07:02 PM
hello i need help i dont know how i can fill myself more without eating more food! i also cant say no to food if people offer me! am only 15 an i need to loose weight on my stomach an i need to tone up my thighs and bum what exercises can i do? please help me :)
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2007/10/31, 09:18 AM
Push-ups would be a good start. Try positioning your hands just outside of shoulder width. Try doing a couple of sets till you reach the point where you can do no more. If you have difficulty with standard push-ups, don't be afraid to utilize "girl" push-ups. Try google searching "push-up variations" if you have difficulty.

============
Quoting from erahn:

this is pretty emberissing but what would be the best exercise to do to make your chest not look so saggy
=============
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2007/10/31, 09:33 AM
I've been where you are right now, and let me just say it's gonna be tough to get yourself on track. What you need to do is look yourself in the mirror, and make a serious promise to yourself. Accept no excuses, and simply just buckle down. Nobody likes food more than I do, and coming from a family of wonderful "soul food" cooks didn't make it any easier for me.
So here are a couple of ideas for you that have worked well for me. First, when you eat, put less on your plate to start off with. In between every bite, take a drink of water. When you return to fill your plate, take even less. Ask yourself if you need another portion. Never try to get full to the point of discomfort.
Second, cut out calories where you don't need them. Go diet on soda, and sugar free on energy drinks. Start reading labels on food, and if a third or more calories come from fat, try to really limit your intake of these foods. Oh,...and do NOT try to cut your calories to less than 1200-1400 a day.
Third, forget target training for body fat reduction right now. You would benefit most from cardio right now. a brisk jog, power-walk, or combination of both. 20-30 minutes a day for four days a week to start with. This sounds hard, but once you get used to it it's a total breeze.
If you want a great book to read about fitness, try starting out with "Fitness for Dummies". That's no insult to you by far, and it is one of the best books I've ever read on the subject(and I've read a lot of books).

============
Quoting from dadaysprincess:

hello i need help i dont know how i can fill myself more without eating more food! i also cant say no to food if people offer me! am only 15 an i need to loose weight on my stomach an i need to tone up my thighs and bum what exercises can i do? please help me :)
=============