Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Mid section problem

kyubilatino
kyubilatino
United States
2007/05/16, 12:57 AM
Im a 23 year old male and im having a bit of a problem with my abdomanal area i work out 4 days a week with cardio and weight training. The problem here is that when i was in my teens i was very heavy and i lost a lot of it except around my mid section i can't seem to get rid of this spare tire. It's strange because the rest of my body has leaned up a lot except for my mid section. Can anyone help?
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/05/16, 09:58 AM
Congrats on the weight loss. Are you sure that is flab and isn't excess skin that is left over from your massive weight loss a couple years ago? Just a thought.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/05/16, 05:30 PM
double check your diet....are you really eating as clean as you should be?... if you are then back to it possibly being loose skin?
kyubilatino
kyubilatino
United States
2007/05/18, 12:12 AM
well how can i get rid of loose skin?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/18, 08:24 AM
Have you had your bodyfat checked by a trainer? I think you need to find out if it is fat or skin, then act accordingly.

Loose skin gradually shrinks up, but that depends on your genetics, too. Some people have more elastin than otehrs, which is why some people get stretch marks and others don't.

I don't have very elastic skin, but i did feel that skin fiorming lotion helped tighten up the loose skin on my stomach after my initial weight loss. I used a couple different inexpensive brands.

It takes time for skin to shrink up. Be patient.

If it is fat - you need to clean up your eating plan and keep working out, take your physique to the next level.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

JLoabs
JLoabs
Bahrain
2007/05/30, 03:54 AM
do more planks, you need to strengthen your core! on your elbows or in a push up position. the best time to do it is at the end of your workout. hold it for 10 to 12 seconds and do as much as can. it worked for me.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/30, 10:41 AM
Wow - and here we go starting up the spot-training myth again.

Jloabs - doing planks will help you build a string core, it will help pull in your waist as you strengthen the girdle of muscle, it WILL NOT reduce fat or loose skin. Only the right combo of calorie buring exercise and clean diet will reduce bodyfat, and only time and/or surgery will reduce excess skin.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle