Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Getting weaker!?!

edj1963
edj1963
United States
2007/09/01, 01:28 AM
Hi there, since starting on a FT 8 week program and keeping track of the weight I'm lifting I am noticing something that is disturbing. I appear to be getting weaker! By that I mean on week 2 for example i was able to lift less weight (shoulder group) than I was in week one...same for week three. Is this due to the fact that I am doing CARD 5 days a week? If so, what the heck am I supposed to do, I have to loose over a hundred pounds am I going to sacrifice all of my muscle to loose the weight?
I though by modifying the diet, doing card to burn fat and help my vasciular system, and weight to maintain and strenghten my existing lean mass that i was using a sane approach...but the loss of strength is freaking me out...any ideas?:surprised:
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/02, 04:46 PM
Maybe stop doping so much cardio? I'm concentrating on weights (but with rubber bands instead) and I'm getting better each week. I'm starting my FT routine tomorrow monday and I think it will make me even better att weights. My first lunges were really bad, but after two weeks I've started making them the way I'm supposed, because my legs are stronger. The weights work for me. I'm getting stronger and slimmer, and I don't do a lot of cardio. I ride my bike to and from the trainstation, both at home and in the city where I work. With an additional 30 min on the trampoline a couple of days a week, that seems enough, and I'm getting slimmer and more toned, not from cardio, but from the weights.
I don't know if it will work for you, but I'm sticking with weight training instead of cardio as a way to loose inches. I LOOK at my body instead of counting kilos.
Do the routines and rest when yiu should and I think you should get stronger again. Good Luck!

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/09/02, 06:38 PM
when/how much are you doing your cardio?..before or after weights?...are you eating atleast a small snack before workout?...how long do you take to complete your weight training?

--------------
I am proof there isnt a *set point* :D
edj1963
edj1963
United States
2007/09/03, 01:40 PM

i do cardio 5 days a week (though i didn't last week, no energy) I do a solid 30 minutes at 80% and then a 10 minute cool down. Then /i do the weight its 4 sets increasing weight 2 minutes between sets, 3-4 minutes between groups. i do eat about 1 hr before...

============
Quoting from Velasca:

when/how much are you doing your cardio?..before or after weights?...are you eating atleast a small snack before workout?...how long do you take to complete your weight training?

=============
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/09/04, 08:55 AM
Try doing your weights first! Also, you'd be farther ahead throwing in some HIIT cardio at least 1 or 2X per week instead of your steady state 30min of cardio-it takes less time as well. Doing the wts first or on an alternate day should make a huge difference to your strength!!