Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

chest question

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/02/23, 10:45 AM
I do not have a big chest, in fact, I have a very small chest. In my strength training routine, I do 2 sets of a chest press with the barbell on a flat bench, light weight, twice a week, thats it. I do not want my chest to shrink any more than it is. Is there an exercise I should stay away from? Is there an exercise I could do to make it appear larger? Help please!
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/02/23, 11:39 AM
Any chest exercise has the potential to make the muscles on your chest grow. As you get stronger more muscle will develop under your breasts giving them appearance of being bigger. This is all assuming that your diet is in check. There are no weightlifting exercises that will make you shrink unless you are not eating enough in which case the calorie expenditure from lifting will help promote weight loss.

As a side note you might consider lifting heavier. Under the female discussion section there is tons of info on the benfits and truths about lifting heavy for woman. I know that many members can testify to the great results they have achieved by lifting heavy.

Also, this is not really the correctly board for this type of question. You will undoubtedly have more success posting in the beginner, intermediate, advanced and probably more appropriately the female discussion group.

Hope this helps!

--------------
Light bulb shaped people are easy to push over!