Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Fallen off the Wagon

sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/29, 04:19 AM
Today May 29th, I start to workout for another new me. Moved to Colorado (Most beautiful place on earth) Let myself go for the last year. I went through a bout of mild depression missing my kids, missing my old home and even missing my old job and to top it off Sandy's Ford blew up. Let my self take comfort in those wonderful comfort foods. Like I said it has been a year since the move, finally found a job, found out the kids can make it without me (we do burn up the phone lines), got a Ford Explorer to replace the Truck and you know what, I really like my new Apartment. My husband for those of you who know him, he is BB1fit and god bless his pea pickin little heart, has been very patience man and smart too (he has not one time said to me, Hey lady getting a little fat, or hey time to go to the gym, ya think). Ron, let me thank you now for not getting on me and letting me ride this thing out and get my self together. I haven't been in the gym more than 20 times since I have been here. I have to get back on track. Things are looking grossly out of shape on my body and I know my health has gone to hell. Working a 4 day week 10 hours a day. Topping out at 160 and looking to get back to 130. For those of you that know me,( Hi everyone) you know that I worked very hard a few years ago to get into shape and possibly get on stage with my husband and do a little posing. Never made it to the stage but that is okay. Let myself go and took a good long hard look in the mirror tonight, wiped the tears and decided that it is time again to get back to where I was when I was happy with myself. Right now I am off to bed. No real plans on how I am going to start this thing but the first step is getting back to the gym. I know what a support team Free trainers can be and I for one could not have done it with you guys and BB1fit. Now it is time to do it again. Yeah me I have just taken the first step, :love:
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/05/29, 07:45 AM
Welcome back and you can DO IT......IT will not be easy but you did it before and once back i know you will reach that goal!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/29, 08:43 AM
Sometimes you have to get out of shape again to realize how bad it makes you feel. Can be real inspiring when you do get back into the swing of things!!

You know, Ron knows, and all of us know you'll be posting results here shortly!! Good luck!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/29, 08:45 AM
Sandy - I know exactly how it goes:( At least your slump was only one year and 30 pounds:)

You have the biggest advantage of all - you live with one of the most knowledgable guys out there! Plus - he eats clean, so it won't be hard to clean out your cupboards and get back on track!

You can do it, Sandysford! Maybe it is time to set a goal to finally compete - that will motivate you !

Welcome back!

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/30, 02:12 PM
Thanks all, first day went well, put it all in my log. You guys are great.:dumbbell:

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/30, 02:39 PM
Sandy welcome back! We are all here rooting for you girl! :love::love:

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/30, 02:52 PM
Thanks:) I am going to do it this time, How can I miss with all this support:love:

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/30, 02:57 PM
You can't miss Sandy, you were such a motivator for me way back girl! And I am sure I wasn't the only one! It's our turn now. :)

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/05/30, 03:45 PM
I've been in a slump for the past 2 months and now my elbow hurts. Time to reassess and refocus. Not about to loose the gains I have made.

Remember Ol' Blue Eyes song, "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again!":)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/30, 06:04 PM
Never heard that song K-ok? How old are you again? :)

I am just so happy to see you back on the boards again and doing well!

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/05/31, 11:46 AM
Older than me (just like the oldies). Didn't know the whole song so I googled it:

PICK YOURSELF UP
From the Film: Swing Time 1936
(Lyrics by: Dorothy Fields / Music by: Jerome Kern)
Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers

Please teacher, teach me something,
Nice teacher, teach me something.
I'm as awkward as a camel, that's not the worst,
My two feet haven't met yet,
But I'll be teacher's pet yet,
'Cause I'm gonna learn to dance or burst.

Nothing's impossible I have found,
For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off,
Start All over again.

Don't lose your confidence if you slip,
Be grateful for a pleasant trip,
And pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired,
Till the battle of the day is won.
You may be sick and tired,
But you'll be a man, my son!

Will you remember the famous men,
Who had to fall to rise again?
So take a deep breath,
Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.

I'll get some self assurance
If your endurance is great.
I'll learn by easy stages
If you're courageous and wait.

To feel the strength I want to,
I must hang on to your hand,
Maybe by the time I'm fifty
I'll get up and do a nifty.

Nothing's impossible I have found,
For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off,
Start all over again.

Don't lose your confidence if you slip,
Be grateful for a pleasant trip,
And pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired,
Till the battle of the day is won.
You may be sick and tired,
But you'll be a man, my son!

Will you remember the famous men,
Who had to fall to rise again?
So take a deep breath,
Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/31, 03:10 PM
K-ok I must be getting old on top of Fat, I know that song:( Thank all for your support, 3 days down and all is well. Making it thru the weekend will be a test, Off Work Tommorrow, spending the day in the Hot tub at the gym, I can't eat in there lol

--------------
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/31, 03:14 PM
Just a note "THE EGG WHITES STILL TASTE LIKE EGG WHITES" Had them for breakfast.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/31, 03:35 PM
ahh, just mix in some salsa, much tastier :)
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/05/31, 03:45 PM
you know I did:)

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2007/05/31, 06:31 PM
Bonjour from here!:big_smile:
Glad to see you in the game again!Stay healthy.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/06/01, 02:56 PM
Sandy, you might be older than me. Race you to 50...NOT!:laugh:

I will occasionally will add a little to the taste by adding a small whole egg to the egg whites. Egg whites alone are so much better as meringe (with some lemon pie underneath).
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/06/01, 06:16 PM
Thats the problem I had been eating the whole pie, instead of in Moderation like BB1fit taught me. Shame on me but making it all better now, Went to the gym tonight and had it out with the front desk. 90 percent of the people in there today were around my age and they had the RAP music up real loud. Burned a few calories telling them about it. Don't mess with me when I am hungry :angry: Carivan and Raven, good to hear from you both. Asimmer, you are looking good these days. Conan, Thank you, And Mutt you are always there to lean on Thank you.

Been reading alot of the posts, Wow what informative reading, Free Trainers has come along way since I first logged on Five years ago. What a great site for support and information.:love:

k-ok just how old are you, I am not scared I am 47 and holding:big_smile:

And the egg whites are ok, it is the tuna I find replusive:laugh:

--------------
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/06/01, 06:16 PM
Thats the problem I had been eating the whole pie, instead of in Moderation like BB1fit taught me. Shame on me but making it all better now, Went to the gym tonight and had it out with the front desk. 90 percent of the people in there today were around my age and they had the RAP music up real loud. Burned a few calories telling them about it. Don't mess with me when I am hungry :angry: Carivan and Raven, good to hear from you both. Asimmer, you are looking good these days. Conan, Thank you, And Mutt you are always there to lean on Thank you.

Been reading alot of the posts, Wow what informative reading, Free Trainers has come along way since I first logged on Five years ago. What a great site for support and information.:love:

k-ok just how old are you, I am not scared I am 47 and holding:big_smile:

And the egg whites are ok, it is the tuna I find replusive:laugh:

--------------
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/06/04, 03:21 PM
Woooo Hooo I almost caught the wagon today, but got out of Breath:angry: At least I can still see the wagon, you know like the light at the end of the tunnel.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/06/04, 10:24 PM
I must say it is good to see you back in saddle again. Keep riding, you know what to do. :)

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/06/04, 10:26 PM
Awwhhh, que lindo!:love::love::love:

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2007/06/05, 03:31 AM
Saddles and Wagon, Boy you can tell BB1fit and I have moved West:big_smile:

--------------