Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Diet

JayC2524
JayC2524
United States
2007/05/14, 10:23 PM
For the last couple months I have been on a high protein low carb diet, and the diet has been working for me. I have also started exercising and lifting weights, since I joined the gym. Since I heard that when people start eating carbs again they gain all the weight back they lost. If I just incorporated more carbs into my diet (oats in the morning) and maybe some wheat bread sometimes0, would that be ok if I continue my exercise routine and lifting. How many carbs is a healthy amount each day.

Currently I weigh 198 down from around 220. I Try to get around 200g of protein a day. How many carbs would be a good amount. The nutrition plan on here says around 400, don't think that is the correct amount.

My meals usually contain

4-5 egg whites with some tomatoes

Whey Protein Shake

Chicken with Greenbeans for lunch

Salad with Chicken Tuna or Steak(once a week)

Whey protein shake after workout

Chicken or Fish with Veggies for dinner

I was also thinking about changing my protein shake for one of my snacks to a casein shake, or maybe a meal replacement shake because I don't think that I am eating enough calories in a day.

Just looking for some more information I have been reading alot on here lately and decided to start asking some of my own questions.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/05/14, 11:13 PM
one thing i learned was the *timing* of when i ate my carbs..i also was always afraid to eat too many carbs..but now i have decided to listen to a few of the pros on here and eat alittle more since my metabolism has increased and i exercise hard...i have more energy now and i actually lost a pound last week..from a 2 month plateau :)

carbs can be your friend..its how you work them that is the key :)

--------------
There is no such thing as a *set point*. Im only set on getting past this point :)
JayC2524
JayC2524
United States
2007/05/14, 11:24 PM
When would the best time to eat the carbs be?