Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

confession of a hard-head,,,,

Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/04/05, 12:17 AM
when i first came to this site i was looking for a workout routine...and low and behold i found one...BUT I also found one of the best resource websites in nutrition and fitness..

Sooo..i started asking the typical noob questions..was referred to the fitbuddy and was told to read all the *sticky* posts..which I did and started educating myself...some things i already knew; some debunked old myths; and found so so much i didnt know..

BUT! there were just some things I refused to believe, thought i was the exception and that I could prove certain theories otherwise..

What did I learn? People dont post or respond to your questions on a whim...They want to help you and keep you from wasting time doing pointless things...

First example....ABS!!!...we are told over and over again...abs come from diet...did or do I listen???..nooo..to this day i stil waste my time crunching, leg lifting, doing weighted oblique exercises, etc EVERY day..hoping im the exception....do I have a 6 pack?..hell no!!..do i have a flatter stomach and *hard* abs. YES~~~ but you wont see my 6 packs til i continue eating a clean diet and loose more body fat which just takes time or if ever...

SECOND: Fat Burners~ over and over drilled into my head here..diet, weights, moderate cardio..rinse/repeat...but noooo..i gotta waste my hard earned money on lipo6, thermogenics etc..did i get the results i was looking for?..NOOOOOOO....sure it pumped up my metabolism..made me feel all warm inside...but some made me moody, gave me headaches, some even made me hungrier...

I guess i should sum this up as its already way to lengthy..

Listen to what people tell you here...they know what they are talking about...they are only trying to keep you from wasting your time and hard earned money and help you become the healthy person you want to be...are YOU the exception...maybe...but educate yourself constantly..let other people be the guinea pigs...and if you stumble across the *exception* than great!!!...otherwise....eat healthy, train hard, and make time to play and rest :)

(a big thanks goes out to those of you who put up with my whiney pm's and posts-i wouldnt be where im at without your patience and support)

--------------
We should conduct ourselves not as if we ought to live for the body, but as if we could not live without it.
216chinook
216chinook
Canada
2007/04/05, 12:25 AM
that sums it up so nicely, great post!

--------------
The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.

Albert Einstein (1879–1955)

jonshez
jonshez
United Kingdom
2007/04/05, 05:33 AM
Velasca you're so right.
A friends of mine at work asked me to write them a diet plan yesterday because I said Weight Watchers was not a long term solution. I laughed and said that wasn't the point, I would educate her as much as I could but she had to do the work.

It's all about learning and understanding, then listening and doing.

Nice post.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/04/05, 05:34 AM
Nice one Velasca.

--------------
Bettia

"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open." - Lord Thomas Dewar
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/05, 08:22 AM
:)Velasca - keep up the hard work and keep educating yourself - you will get those visible abs if you realy want them !

Nice post!

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/04/05, 08:57 AM
Nice post:)
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/04/05, 05:18 PM
wow..i made a sticky!!!!! woot!..ty folks :)
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2007/04/06, 10:00 AM

============
Quoting from Velasca:

wow..i made a sticky!!!!! woot!..ty folks :)
=============

Very nice post and I'm happy to see that your efforts paid off.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/04/11, 10:00 PM
Good stuff Velasca.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."