Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

goin on V-Diet

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/23, 09:10 PM
right.
well i went to doc, he wants me to go talk to surgeon b/c the fragment bone has moved a little and he is worried it may affect joint... so that sux, but i def caused it by liftin to soon...

im feeling good, down to 224 and still going! inform you all later...
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/04/23, 11:08 PM
Lookin good, guys!

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/24, 09:47 AM
this morning I weighed in at about 267...

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/25, 02:04 AM
Today i got my flax seeds, and some green tea "fat burners"

We'll see if they help.

AT my most I was around 282

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/24, 04:55 PM
how much improvement is that?
im in at 223 this morning

i noticed that if i dont get 8+ hours of sleep i am completely dead all day. luckily, i can take hotrox which wake me up but that only in morn and around 4. so that time right before 4, i feel like crap! i need to make sure im getting more. gotta go... seems fiber is working!
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/26, 12:02 AM
so went to surgeon today. going to break my finger again, reset, and put screws in. the screws only stay for a few days and then its time for rehab. so that sucks but at least i will be on the road to proper recovery.

i decided to see if straps would work, they do for pulling. did some DL today from pins 405... definitly feel a little out of gas... but feel like i was takin it easy on finger so we will see what the deal is. so i go under knife on fri so deads wil take back seat for a bit, and it will really throw off my shakes that day...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/26, 11:01 PM
today weigh in at 530 am...

Had a good meal meal tonight...

2 bbq pork chops....4 cups steamed veggies, and some pasta salad.

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/27, 12:12 AM
you lost over 10lbs in 2 days? WTF?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/27, 06:14 PM
sory..no contacts in my eyes...way to late at night...should be 264*

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/27, 06:38 PM
hahha. its good

just got back from surgery. damn it sucked not being able to take anything after midnight til about 1, since, ya know, i already have nothin in me.
last night i ate a protein bar and some saltines, so i cheated a little, but i figured i would need something to hold me over that long.

finger wrapped up and screwed together. take wrap off sunday and work on rehab! yay! go back friday or monday (cant remember) to see prog and if screws can come out.

i dont know why, but i seem to be gaining weight. weighed in at 227 or so today. up 4lbs? i guess maybe since they IVed fluids in me, im more hydrated than normal... im tryin to get below 220 i think... seein outline of abs almost and even tho i am "smaller" im lookin bigger cuz not so smooth
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/27, 10:16 PM
i'm weird...cause even at 280...I could still see my abs pretty well...I never understood that. At 20% I have abs? lol I seeing them more and more though....

also today was again around 266ish....had a very good day. I worked on drving out of the hole on squats....so I did O-style box squats...below parallel with my chains doubled...

go up to 355/3 no belt etc.

I also go a PR on Dl of 440 conventional stance.

This surprised me for several reasons...

I hadn't lifted much over 405 since my injury to my back( dl wise)

I haven't pulled in 3 weeks.

I been working on sumo stance.

I hadn't eaten solid food in 24 hours lol

But I'll take them where I can get them...

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/28, 03:38 PM
my finger hurts sooooo badly... vicodin needs to work better
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/29, 12:22 PM
turns out vicodin works well hahaha.

so somehow im goin up in weight still. back up to 229... this is really confusing. i guess i need to try to get this cardio in that he wants in or somethig. luckily i looks like im doin things right in the mirror, but i was hopin to see more improvement these last weeks. im goin to try uppin the cardio a bit, and also keep it clean on transition phase. i wante dto be more cut than this...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/01, 09:51 AM
weird... but now im back on track. down to 222. i guess it really was all water weight from IV. i was going to the bathroom a lot on sunday so i got a lot out. diet ends this sunday so i should get down to about 220 or so. then transition week so we will see.

i already got next diet planned out. i will post more about it later. good day'
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/01, 12:12 PM
well today sucks, woke up with a stomach virus...somone at work had one guess I caught it, this combined witht he muscle milk...has made for an intresting day. May have to skip the workout tonight since its legs....any straining right now may cause some sort of "accident"

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/04, 10:43 AM
final weekend! had to move the 1 meal a week to today (friday) because i am going to a formal event and might as well eat what they are giving (salmon! yay!)

feelin great, played some flag football yesterday... feeling much more explosive and quicker. cardiovascular work is still needed... hahha

here is the plan for wrap up:
-last day sunday
-transition for bout 2 weeks
-go to the beach where there will be some drinking
-do some cardio work and up calories
-week back: get on Anabolic Diet maintenance phase (check out t-nation)
-about begining of July start the mass phase and combine wiht Bill Starr 5x5 modification

the reason for the Bill Starr is i just want to change it up and add more volume. I dont feel like the lower volume of WS has been beneficial for me, so im just goin to try and see how this works. I know WS4SB has mroe volume, but i just want to try this, and, along with the bulking- i should blow up in size and put on some strength. im excited!
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/05/04, 12:05 PM
I had a huge success with the 5x5. I gained 10 lb and put a lot of weight on the big three. However, I would say that it doesn't have that much volume. Only your last 2 sets can really be considered working sets because you ramp the weight pretty significantly over the sets. Now, there is nothing wrong with this and it works great, but if you really want more volume, look at Chad Waterburys Method (10x3). You know where to find it.

--------------
Light bulb shaped people are easy to push over!
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/04, 01:07 PM
yea... i know about waterbury, but i think ive tried that. i want to keep the reps lower than that (if its 10reps... i can never understand how some put setsxreps or repsxsets). im not sayin i need lots of volume, its just i find that i tend to not get enough from WS and i believe im in the need to put on some mass in order to get strength going again.

the other option i was lookin into was OVT over at that same place. Tell me what you think bout that. its essentially 5x5, but for 4 exercises per muscle group. it seems like that could lead to overtraining, but at the same time, i am going to be eating like crazy so maybe it would be better... i need to get the 3 moving again.

either way, i think i am just lookign for a change of pace... and i am goin to start doing oly squats instead of wide so that should put some serious size on my legs since im not used to them. just got up to 275x5 with not too much trouble.. tryin to see what i can do.

let me know what yall think. where's wrestler? i was hopin for some advice from you man...
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/05/04, 01:32 PM
I haven't really read up OVT, but that is way to much volume for me. Plus, I prefer full body training over any kind of split because my elbows can't take the abuse.

CW is 10 set of 3 reps.

10 sets of 3 at 80-85% 1RM is pretty bad ass if you ask me.

--------------
Light bulb shaped people are easy to push over!
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/04, 04:31 PM
yea... OVT does seem like a lot so thats why i will prob stick to 5x5. im doing 10sets 3reps right now on velocity diet... like today i did dips and row 10x3... Dan John prescribed his w/o in his online journal on t-nation so im just followin those workouts

i think i will roll with 5x5 as a change of pace... im excited! plus i get to up calories and get SOME carbs so pumps should be good.. havent had a pump in a while...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/07, 02:07 PM
ok. so yesterday was day 28-the final day. this mornings weigh in came in at 217.5. Thats down from 243... 25.5lbs. Im going to try and get my bf% tested here pretty soon to see how i did. Overall im pretty happy with this. I did not find this very difficult at all, the only times i was hungry were when i would go out to a restaurant and see good looking food, but then again, i didnt have to go out hahah.

After seeing myself shrink down to 217.5, and hopefully keeping strength gains due to broken finger, im really exctied to get back more calories in my diet and eventually start a bulk. Ive decided im going to try and incorporate more GPP so that maybe i wont have to do this kind of stuff in the future, but it was an expirement that worked well. 260+ here i come...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/14, 12:45 PM
last update on this...

just finished my 1 week transition. this began with 4 shakes a day and 1 meal. later on in the week it became 2meals with 2-3 shakes. it is now monday, im goin to try and up to 3 meals with 2 shakes to start calorie increase. gained back some water weight this last week, so im up to 220. little lighter than i was last year at this time, but sittin at about 7% less bodyfat- so i guess thats decent?

finally got some pumps goin again b/c of hydration... my biceps and traps were real sore the other day after hang cleans+press and chin ups. Ill be starting my bulk in a few weeks, hope to see some huge increases in strength. This would all be a lot easier if my finger was fully functional, but im workin on ROM still. did notice strength is comin back up already tho... (more cals and from whole foods)

thanks for keepin a look out everyone.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages