Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

goin on V-Diet

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/03/20, 11:44 PM
hey all. i would post this in nutrition, but i figured that some people might read it and try and do the diet which wouldnt be good if not done right and blah blah.

Anyway, i will be starting it in a few weeks and i just thought i would let you all know. Im goin to do it at a beginning bodyweight of around 245 or so and hopefully cut pretty well before the beach. I have never ever done anything like this so this will be a real trial for me, but luckily i have a friend doing it as well. supposedly the best thing about it is the change in appetite, which will be a plus as i plan on doing a clean bulk in the near future. my next bulk i have decided on hittin 260 or so at 6'2 and hopefully put up some big numbers.

sorry this is so long, just thought i would update. i begin in the first couple weeks of april (not sure which) and will be doin some sort of updates on here for you all to let you know what kind of things i am experiencing. let me know if you think i shoudl post this elsewhere, i just thought this was for the best...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/03/21, 11:01 AM
I'm doing something similar, but I just haven't cut out the whole foods yet...

--------------
Gravity hates you.

Enter the Darkside.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/03/21, 03:43 PM
v diet?

--------------
It's called a SQUAT rack for a reason.....

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
2007/03/22, 03:19 AM
is this the T-NATION velocity diet?

I was considering this, but am a bit scarred to end with the whole foods, and supplement all the time, i mean sure in 28 days off of alot of liquid diets, you are going to loose weight, but i would be afraid of eating ton like the 29th day and then blowing back up?

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/03/22, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure your stomach would shrink enough that eating that much would be almost painful...

Let us know how it goes...

--------------
Gravity hates you.

Enter the Darkside.
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/03/23, 09:48 PM
yes this is the velocity diet. im excited/terrified to be honest haha. you are supposed to transition off of it so its not like you go from 1 day straight shake to 1 day of all food. you take 3 or 4 shakes w/ only 2 whole meals or something like that. thats the only part i still gotta figure out hahaha.
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/03/30, 09:22 PM
whats up guys. thought it was time for an update.

i just placed the order for the stuff for the diet. im doing it using the 1/2 GROW 1/2 MD way thats a bit cheaper, a little harder but just as much fun! I needed to save a little money but my friend and i are doing it so we will be abel to push through no prob.

My school had a Health and Fitness Expo so i decided to get my BF checked (i did it last year too).
6'2, 243lbs, 22.6% bf. a tad higher than i expected but right around what i was expecting. (btw, last year i was 198 and got around 14% so i have gained about 15lbs of lean muscle or so! yippee!) i plan on gettin another test done after to see the results. (bioelectrical impedence btw)

So that is my starting stuff. I start on the 9th. keep an eye out for my pissed off rants!
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/04/01, 10:34 PM
I'm all for it...seems to be workin good with ppl. Keep us posted, and good luck!

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/09, 10:27 AM
today is the first day. lots of pills and my stomache is hurting. turns out my coffee to wake me up was not instant, but i forced myself to drink it anyway. now i am trying not to puke. hahaha. i feel very gitty cuz of the HotRox and the straight coffee. I need to get a coffee maker i guess... and i need to find a blender cuz i lost mine, which is a definite issue. talk to yall in a few days...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/10, 12:34 AM
uh.. well i am running a simlilar one to what Dan John did minus things like BCAA and Tribex Gold. Other than that is the same he is doing. (note-i do have leftover BCAA and Trib that i am using till i run out). I can follow his suggestions for protein and calories exactly cuz he and i weigh the same. If you want more info on what is needed or something i can email that to you...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/11, 07:38 PM
ok... so 3rd day in. I dont really have hunger because i am driking an ass load of water... but i want to eat. i see my friends eating things like a burger and it kills me.

i am eating a steak and sweet potato on saturday as our one treat a week. I am going to eat it very slowly because i need to remember it the whole next week. haha

Stats so far:
Last Monday's weigh in 243
Today (Wed)- 237.5
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/13, 09:15 AM
stumbled on a road block... first, my friend got off the diet cuz he went out for the football team and this would kill him. he didnt need it anyway but at least i wasnt by myself. the other one is i will have to figure out my training after my broken finger. i broke grabbing the flag in flag football. sucks... but hey, i got the sack! kept playing till i couldnt close my hand. hahaha first ever broken bone. havent gone to doc yet.. just taped it up.

fri- 233lbs
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/13, 06:29 PM
spiral fracture... not allowed to put any weight in hand... what do i do? this is full body routine...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/13, 09:30 PM
Ankle braces and adapted training. I did the same thing to my thumb this past summer, had to do cable flyes and skull crushers with the cable ankle attachments, instead of pressing.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/14, 01:59 AM
what bout for pullups and stuff? this sux...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/14, 09:18 PM
they have straps that have a hook in them. forget what they are called but some (insert derogatory term)s use them to cop-out on deadlifts.

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/15, 03:00 AM
thats what i thought. i went today but cant really follow the rountie they have. i should have waited a little bit more before i went cuz it was hurting. only been 2 days tho. they only have 1 ankle strap so that is hard. ill update yall later. this injury sucks! im worried my lifts are goin to go to shit
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/15, 09:28 AM
http://www.fitstep.com/fitness-equipment-reviews/equipment-reviews/1-ton-hooks-review.htm

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/15, 09:58 AM
how long does a finger take to heal... i would hate to have to buy that hahah. he did add like 320 to his partial dead tho hahhaha.

i feel like im getting much smaller... i dont think its muscle but it sure does look like it. i think i might only run this for 3 weeks as i am already down to 229 this morning. i dont really want to go any lower than 215. i hope when i refill glycogen and all that some size will come bakc...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/15, 02:15 PM
You may need to increase overall calorie intake. Add in some more oils and an extra shake.

I don't care how much protein you are getting, losing weight TOO fast is not a good sign.

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/16, 03:27 PM
where's the link on this diet..i'm curious about it ...

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/16, 07:25 PM
pt 1
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-009-diet

pt 2
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-025-diet

Dan John experience (very helpful read)
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-165-diet
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/16, 07:26 PM
im a little perturbed right now. i dont want to go buy those wrist things but i really wanted to focus on pullin exercise while on this. i already started benching again, its only been a few days. takin each set carefully tho...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/19, 11:57 AM
weighed in around 227 yesterday. i definitly notice a lack of energy if i have anything under 8 hrs sleep... like right now hhaha. more updates later on playas
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/20, 01:30 AM
seem intresing...today was my 1st full day on it...no spoid food. Past few days been modified...with only one meal..

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/20, 01:33 AM
solid*

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 11:37 AM
are you using the exact stuff they have? or did you change things up? im running the exact one Dan John did cept 1/2 the BCAA and im out of Trib now. Im also using 1/2 Grow! 1/ Met Dri cuz it ws cheaper... i seem to be alright.

i had a dream last night were i ate some cake when i wasnt supposed to... i had to think about if it happened or not cuz it made me sad...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 11:42 AM
wrestler, i just now saw your post about addin oil and a shake. the thing with this is, they have large drops early on in weight, and then it decreases. i was worried too but now its slowed down a lot. i believe a lot of it was water and that now is when i am getting into the nitty gritty. i am afraid to add more b/c i want this to work just right since its so damn expensive
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/04/20, 12:45 PM
In my opinion, adding a protein shake with some healthy fat to your diet, so long as you don't go over your caloric maximum outlined in the article is only going to help. To be honest with you, it's such an under-eating kind of diet, I find it very hard to think that you would screw it up much by adding a shake...so long as you're within your guidelines.

How is your strength?

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 12:55 PM
well, it would be goin over there recommedations.. thats what i was tryin to say in words that didnt get that across i guess hahaha :)

i cant really get a good idea of strength levels b/c of broken finger... i cant do to much in the way of pressing or pulling. my squat feels a little weak but i think that is expected.

the first week i did this when i was adjustin to everything, my deads were weak but i have adapted now and would be fine.. i just have to find a way to do it with this finger... ill update later today, im goin to try and find something so can do pulls, or make something like the 1 ton hook wrestler showed above
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/20, 03:28 PM
A lot of it is probably from your body cleaning everything up.

I remember one night while cutting weight, I think it was for states because I was cutting too muc, I had a dream I walked to the kitchen and drank a pitcher of ice tea. I was scared when I woke up because I actually felt full.

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/20, 05:34 PM
hell no I don't have that kinda money...I just drink in morning with milk a protein shake( 2% acidolophis 1 cup)with fish oil...4 pills

4 hours later protein shake with 2 fish oils, today for lunch i did have some wendy's chilli though...cause i have to workout tonight...and it had ben 36 hours...I dont't hink some beans will kill me. Plus i need the fiber.

But no i'm just mainly using fish oil, flax oil, and whey protein...and lots of crystal light.

============
Quoting from coolnatedawg:

are you using the exact stuff they have? or did you change things up? im running the exact one Dan John did cept 1/2 the BCAA and im out of Trib now. Im also using 1/2 Grow! 1/ Met Dri cuz it ws cheaper... i seem to be alright.

i had a dream last night were i ate some cake when i wasnt supposed to... i had to think about if it happened or not cuz it made me sad...
=============

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 07:46 PM
ha andrew, thats not the same at all! hahha. i havent eaten since last saturday! hahhaa

hows that working out for you?

btw, i foudn some wrist hooks at dicks sporting goods. i was using them on pullups, and since i can close my hand i slipped and banged my finger... it really hurt... i think i have officialy made it so im goin to HAVE to get surgery. im backin off till monday when i get xray..
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/20, 08:05 PM
...I don't want to buy all those supps...but i'm gonna get more strict...

at my highest I was at about 180ish...now around 274ish...most that probably just from the colon being cleaned out lol

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 08:10 PM
i assume you mean 280? you are takin lots of fiber then i assume. i am gettin about 25g or so a day... i dont have any problems either. like i said, it has slowed down and i have more energy now... especially after the HOTROX.

tommorrow im going to eat a shit ton of salmon and salad. i thought i was supposed to keep it small to make sure i stay about the cal of 2 shakes... but its basically eat all i want, so im gettin like 16lbs of salmon hahaha.not really... but im excited!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/20, 10:04 PM
No don't have the fiber yet...but i don't have issues going bathroom hardly ever. lol

I do need to get a better whey...mine is only like 100 cal a scoop....maybe a muscle milk or somthing.

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/20, 11:30 PM
order it or something. in terms of fiber, pick some up from walmart. they got chewables. fiber choice is good, just chew 2-4 or so a day, and you should be fine...
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/21, 11:59 AM
i messaged Chris Shuggart, the creator of the diet, and asked him what he would do in my situation. He said the best i could do would be machine work for upper body. I guess he is trying to keep safety in mind, however i will continue to press b/c i tried the fat bar and it was amazing... no pain whatsoever and the bar "feels" lighter.
sleep was supposedly supposed to be hard on this diet but i have been sleeping like a friggin baby.
somehow i actually gained a little weight here and am back up to 228. so since about wednesday i have gone up a pound... that could be numerous things... shit, i havent shaved since then, maybe .5lb of beard hahaha.

ill update yall on monday about my hand and such.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/21, 10:18 PM
yeah funny thing...I not as hungry feelsing as I thought....just miss food lol

Oen tip I did find cool.....go to sonic and get some of thier ice( is really crushed nice into balls) and pour yoru protein shake over it...sip and eat the ice. Makes you fel like you eating somthing lol

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/21, 10:19 PM
I'm just hoping to drop about a good 15 lbs....if i could do 20 that be really awsome.

Whats average weight lose do you know?

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/21, 10:35 PM
on this i have heard reports from only 10 to around 30. also, more is lost on the transition off if done properly... so there is a lot of potential to lose! i myself have been around 16 or 17 so far, hoping for more as this is probably all im doing for my cut... i still got 2 weeks, so i think i should be fine.

i ate a 12oz sirloin, steamed veggies, and salad no dressing for dinner.. very good!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 11:44 AM
i bet..I have ben testing my doby fat on my tanta scale thing.....usualy...acording to this scale i'm around 21-23% normally.....now I seemto be around 30%

I know this is based off of water ....think i'm dehydrated? Or is this normal?

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 12:08 PM
i'm also using 100% whey protein...for 2 scoops they onlyhave 110 calories or so.....I been using like a cup of milk...the rest water....think that ok?

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/22, 04:37 PM
well they are using protein with miscellar casein, also a milk derivative, but it takes longer for the body to break down, so it makes you "full" longer and also gives the body something to work with for a while.

i dont know what to tell you of scale. i got my bf tested right before this diet and im going to get again after it, so im not relying on those scales as i have one as well..
as far as dehydration... this could be a concern, with decreased salt intake come dehydration if not taken properly, thats why i lost so much so quick b/c it was water weight... just make sure to drink lots of fluids...

as far as your shakes, i am using ONLY shakes and mine have the protein described above with 240 cal or so... you are eating still correct? so just make sure your gettin the right amount of cals a day, and a lot of protein, fats, fiber, and vit/mins...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 07:44 PM
Yeah I take a mutli a day, plus about 20 fish oils caps.....with abotu 5-6 protein shakes a day.

I'm pretty much food less....every 36 hours i'll eat somthing "carby" just for my workout....as I don't have the bio surge or whatever...I get paid tuesday and i'll get my flaxseeds. Then i should be set.

With that cup of milk....my shake are about 300 or so calories.....so that 1800 calores...plus another 300-400 in fish oil...so i'm right around 2200 cal a day...

my range is 1817-2179cals.....so basicly 1800-2200?

On none workout days....I drink two shakes...with no milk...just water....so i'm closer to the 1800 on those days....

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 07:48 PM
when i met deyhdration..Imean...since i've lost glycogen....and glycogen has water in it...I figured my body fat is higher...do to loss of muscle water...so I appear "fatter".....cause those scales go by the water in muscles. Since fat doesn't have any.

I weighed in offically at the gym scale( wrestling scale more accurate) at 267-268ish.....i'll be happy to get about 245-250....cause i figure i get that low, when i start to eat and glycogen goes back it that put me at about 250-255 range.

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 07:48 PM
i am gonna start doing 10mins of cardio 3 times a week....to help out. Since i don't have hot rox or anything...

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/22, 08:04 PM
btw i did take some shirtless pics of my fat self..to share after 28 days....lol

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/22, 09:54 PM
hahah...i never did that. so your basically doin the same thing i am an even cheaper way.. haha. ill be lookin at 210 prob and then when introduce carbs again 215 220 hopefully moderatley cut...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/23, 05:52 PM
today was a good day, no desire to eat at all....don't even feel the need for anything. I even walked down the sweet aisle in kmart....and hardly even looked at the food.

tomorrow is leg day, i'll have my 1/2 cup or so of pasta...before workout....thursday is my 1st full week on the diet....and i'm gonn ahave my one meal.

it will be salad....and salmon patties/ maybe pork chops....there some thats been marinating in BBQ sauce in my fridge. if i don't cook them, they about to go bad:(

Can't waste meat now...

--------------

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last