Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Missing the Point

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/02/01, 11:17 AM
So many of us are trying hard to get in shape, keep the levle of fitness that we have, and some are trying to reach a higher level than most of us want to or can reach. However, all of us at times miss the point of all of this. It is not always about how much you lift, how good you diet, or how much cardio you do. It is not always about who looks better or is in better shape. Sometimes, this, what we call fitness, exercise, is just about getting healthy. Now at times being healthy and fitness go hand in hand, hell i think it is about 99% of the time one follows the other.

Then you get into the fringes, those outlaying areas where health and fitness part ways. Yes i am talking about steroids, supplemets, extreme diets even lifting routines that at best are downright scary. Luckly most of us never get to that spot.

Those that do are missing the point. This sport, lifestyle way of life that we all enjoy is about living better, longer, healthier. That does not mean you should not be a bodybuilder, power lifter, fitness competitor what have you. THat is your choice. First thing on your mind should be that this is a LONG TERM thing. There are no short cuts, no special product/machine/gadget out there that will make this easier.

Go into this lifestyle with a sense of purpose. Learn all you can about every aspect of it so you can make a sound INFORMED decision or at the least a intelligent question.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/02/01, 11:24 AM
Couldn't agree with you more. Nice post!
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/01, 11:45 AM
Nice Post Mutt. I think I was there once not seeing that this is a a way of living and just feeling healthy It used to be about how skinny I could get and how fast. But slowly the point that you are making has slowly begun to sink into my thich skull =)I am learning that nothing will happen for me if I do not make that commitment to myself to live a healthier lifestyle and take it slow and easy....
Thanks

--------------
A** kissing only works if you know which one to kiss.

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/01, 12:20 PM
Absolutely, mutt. My number one goal is to be able to still do things and move freely when I'm 90. Nutrition has always been very important to me...I truly believe I have been successfully fighting off a lot of the stuff going around here at work due to my extremely healthy diet. Of course, looking good naked still ranks high.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/02/01, 01:12 PM
I couldn't agree more Mutt. I wanted to get in shape for 2 reasons 1) we spent alot of my childhood making fun of my Dad's big gut. I was starting to get one and didn't want to get paybacks, and 2) I have a 2 year-old son. My back and knees were bothering me and I couldn't run or anything. I want to be able to play catch or basketball with him when he gets older so I figured what better time to get back into shape than now :)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/02/01, 01:25 PM
well hot damn mutt, it's about time i've seen one of these from you...it's been a while.

GREAT POST!

--------------
Bettia

To be motivated, motivate others!
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/02/01, 09:02 PM
well said :)