Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

help! anyone have any ideas?

gingerswindell0
gingerswindell0
United States
2006/12/31, 10:33 AM
i'm 23 yrs old and mother of 2 boys (4 & 6) and recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetese. i have to loose weight and change my lifestyle but its sooo hard, i dont even know where to start. over the years i have gotten pretty lazy. i use to be able to eat anything and lay around and never gain a lb. but now all i have to do is look at food and i gain 10 lbs. anyone out there feel the same? any advice?
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2006/12/31, 12:43 PM
i was at about your weight the beginning of this year..i have lost 50# since then.. I do some sort of cardio activity atleast 5 days a week for 30 mins...and i monitor my calorie consumption..

sounds like you might stay busy with your kids. so if you have a time crunch, try to start out with a full 15 mins a day of some sort of cardio activity...even if its just dancing in front of the TV with some fun music/singing tape you have for the kids..the important thing is getting your heart rate up etc..

next is getting in your water.. 8 8oz glasses of water a day is prefered.. you can drink crystal light or flavored water as long as its fat/sugar free :)

last but not least is your eating habits..there is a message board here called specific diets and nutrition discussion..there u will find sticky post(ones a the top with red push pins) about certain diets and a *healthy grocery list*...and start there :)

go here to determine how many calories a day you need to consume to loose weight reasonably..

http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_guide.htm

its just as important to eat all your calories as it is to stay within..

ther is a FITbuddy search below if you have more questions..
its very helpful.

patience and strength to you :)

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/12/31, 01:31 PM
Start eating normal portions of healthy food. Protein, Carbs, and fats. Eat 5-6 times a day, you will probably be eating more than before but it will be better choices, For protein, have a helping about the size of your palm, fats are usually in protein so don't worry about that. and for carbs, have a helping the size of your closed fist. These are not small portions if you eat 5-6 times a day and forget about "supersizing.

Next get active. Get off the couch, and take 1/2 hr for youself to exercise. You will find yourself getting healthy, and feeling better within seven days.

Welcome to freetrainers and good luck reaching your objectives.

:big_smile:

--------------
A little discipline at the table and at the gym might help reduce that belly!

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/12/31, 02:32 PM
My wife was in exactly the same position. Gained weight, lack of activity, finally diagnosed type 2 diabetic. She now is in competition condition. It is a matter of will...I helped her get started...she had enough backbone to take the ball and run with it. Start simple....and keep progressing.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."